Job Title – Finance Commercial Analyst
Location – Haddenham, UK
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
The aim of the role is to prepare and analyse UK Consumer month end, forecasts and budgets down to net sales. Work as business partner with the commercial team and optimise the profitability of the product portfolio through revenue management and investment opportunities across Schwartz, French’s & Franks and private label business.
- Work with sales, marketing and category departments to monitor and forecast detailed promotional pricing plans
- Review tailor-made proposals and post audit for key customers
- Work to improve core commercial finance processes to improve transparency of numbers and drive commercial ownership and accountability
- Support the UK Finance Director to execute profit growing initiatives of performance pillar
- Provide monthly and quarterly bridges for corporate reporting
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, strategic plans, Profit & Loss Statements
- Review Balance Sheet accruals and ensure each entry supported with justification
- Ensure all processes are documented and Sarbanes Oxley compliant
- Work closely with the global team to track aged debtors and outstanding deduction reports
- Economic Degree
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualification will be an asset
- Previous experience in a similar role (working with Sales, marketing and category) in FMCG company
- High level of Excel spreadsheet skills required
- Strong ability to influence and challenge commercial team across category, marketing and sales
- Ability to analyse complex data and convert into a simple story
- Good relationship building skills
- Strong personal leadership, being able to work in a result driven culture with big focus on execution
- Able to manage to deadlines.
- Self-starter and able to engage with commercial teams.
Founded in Baltimore in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $4.8 billion in annual sales in 2017, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 3,200 employees, the company has operations in 14 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK (customize with local brand). McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
The company’s long-term goal is to grow sales by 4-6% globally with three avenues: base business growth through continuous investments behind our brands, product innovations, expanded distribution and acquisitions.
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the “Power of People”. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.