We are National Grid, and we are at the heart of energy. From heating homes to making sure businesses fire on all cylinders, we’re using our engineering excellence to connect people and the planet. We’re also looking to the future – innovating, inventing, and transforming – to make possible the energy systems of tomorrow. And that’s why there’s never been a more exciting time to join us and help us to make a difference to people’s lives every day.
About the role
This role, as UK Cash Operations Analyst reporting to the UK Cash Operations Manager is to join the Treasury Controllers team within Group Treasury based in the Strand. This role will be fulfilling a key day to day operational role, responsible for delivering daily cash management, key SOx controls, and partnering with colleagues in Shared Services, US Treasury and across the Strand.
- Establish opening position and money to deal for GBP in UK group
- Arrange intercompany funding
- Manage same day payments
- Liaise with UK subsidiaries on cash flows and forecasts
- Complete confirmations matching for trades, eg debt and derivatives with external banking counterparties
- Calculate interest for accruals for collateral balances
- Assist with other Cash & Banking work and project work as required
- Dealing with all Treasury Transactions including high value low volume payments
- Dealing with sterling, dollar and euros
- Monitoring bank accounts making sure they come back at zero
- Main interfaces for this role will be UK and US Cash Operations teams, Treasury front office, UK subsidiaries
- Operation of SOx controls
- Experience Treasury/Cash Analyst ideally with experience of working within a complex corporate environment
- Thorough understanding of cash management processes and electronic payment systems
- Experience in multiple currencies – Pounds Sterling, American Dollars and Euros
- Experience of dealing with multiple accounts and banks
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Ideally Accounting or ACT qualified
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here. We value and encourage diversity of thought, whatever your background. By creating an inclusive, switched-on workforce, we drive performance and deliver excellence. Which is exactly what we need to achieve our vision of creating sustainable energy solutions, for today and tomorrow.
The closing date for this vacancy is 19th October 2018. However, we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.