About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available for a UI Developer specialising in front-end web development, ideally in an e-commerce environment.
Please note in January 2019 our HQ is moving to brand new facilities on the Biomedical Campus, South of Cambridge.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Working with the rest of the team to deliver high quality user interfaces according to templates and themes designed by our UX team
- Work with other members of the project team to estimate task difficulty
- Pair with other developers to deliver
- Work closely with UX designers, Business Analysts and QAs to ensure a quality delivery tested across browsers and devices according to requirements
- Work with other members of the project team to overcome technical difficulty
- Be responsible for software refactoring where needed and appropriate optimizing the performance of front-end code
- Drive consistent interface and design patterns across the Abcam public website whilst following and maintaining the style guide
With a passion for front end development, you will have experience in responsive/mobile design and Agile, SCRUM and source control and will ideally have worked in an e-commerce environment before.
You will have sufficient professional experience, or hold a degree in computer science, graphic arts or another relevant field. Familiarity with various web frameworks, architectures and platforms in a Windows environment will be required.
You should be an enthusiastic and motivated individual who enjoys working in a collaborative environment. You should have excellent communication skills, an eye for detail, and be highly organised with an ability to work to tight deadlines.
You should be someone who takes initiative and is results oriented.
Experience of the following is essential:
Experience of the following is desirable:
Source control systems, ideally GIT
.NET Razor syntax
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in the life sciences please apply now!
An attractive benefits package
We will offer you a competitive salary, access to our flexible benefits scheme and our share scheme, 25 days holiday with the opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days, frequent knowledge sharing events, flexible working hours (incl. ability to work from home on a part-time basis), free fruit and refreshments. In addition, you will be part of a team of highly experienced, talented and motivated developers.
About IT Engineering at Abcam
We are a team of enthusiastic software development professionals, working to develop software solutions for a market leading bioscience company. Our technical architecture includes cloud-based ERP solutions alongside market differentiating bespoke applications delivering increased value to every area of Abcam’s business. Our bespoke applications are predominantly written in C# MVC and ColdFusion with an MS SQL backend.
We value every team member’s opinion; and responsibility for solution design and implementation is given at an early stage. We are a very social, multinational and passionate group who work together and succeed as a team.