Liverpool City Centre, L3 9AG
£30,000-£35,000 per annum
Permanent, Full time
An award-winning performance and technology business have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate UI Designer to join their team in Liverpool.
One of the UK and Europe’s fastest growing tech companies, they have been featured in Tech Track 100 (The Sunday Times) and FT1000 (Financial Times) and are the fifth-fastest growing tech company in the north of the UK (Tech Nation).
In the business since 2002, they use their own digital assets, emerging technologies and a unique network of premium UK publishers to find and engage hard-to-reach in-market consumers as they research their next purchase online.
The company specialises in the automotive and property industries, with an extensive client list including BMW, VW Group, Mercedes-Benz, Ford, Hyundai, Yopa and eMoov.
The UI Designer Role
Our client are looking for a UI Designer experienced in both UI and graphic design for web and mobile. You will focus on creating cutting-edge designs across our digital assets. Working with your team to push creative further and develop exceptional design that goes beyond expectation. Your creative excellence, innovation and attention to detail will be paramount to the success of the role.
You should be an experienced, confident designer who can lead design briefs from concept to execution. Your design skills and styles should be extremely versatile, you should be flexible and happy to work in a fast-moving, demanding environment.
You will work collaboratively with the Creative team and cross-departmentally including UX, CRO, Marketing and Development teams utilising your innovative thinking and the latest technology to ensure we are pushing the boundaries to drive optimal lead generation conversion.
In addition to the core focus of UI design, you may be involved in all graphic design activity across the business from branding through to product brochures and sales materials.
• Reporting to the Head of Studio, taking on full responsibility of the UI/Design function
• Translate concepts into cross-fidelity user journeys, wireframes, mockups and prototypes leading to an intuitive and delightful user experiences for web and mobile
• Build and maintain style guides (preferably as XD Libraries)
• Engage in user research for product discovery
• To go beyond what’s in the brief showing how your idea/design can stretch while encouraging those around you to do the same
• Empathetically communicate concepts with stakeholders
• To lead stakeholder meetings and rationalise design choices
• Use an informed iterative approach in order to design experiences that work at scale
• Identify UI/UX problems and devise elegant solutions with creativity (e.g. findability, usability)
• To provide realistic timescales which can be communicated to stakeholders
UI Designer Requirements:
• Proficiency with design tools (Adobe XD, Zeplin)
• Have created assets such as UI icons
• Understanding of digital device types and associated layouts
• Strong understanding of UX, SEO and CRO principles
• Experience utilising user engagement metrics (A/B testing, etc)
• Understand web application development limitations (mobile first, accessibility, etc)
• Recognise the commercial role of the design department in the wider business model
• Any experience of the automotive or the property industries would be advantageous
UI Designer Benefits:
• Fantastic office culture
• Based in a bright, open plan office on the 13th floor of the Unity Building, offering spectacular panoramic views of Liverpool
• Flexible working hours (35 Hour Week)
• Free personal training and squash games
• Subsidised gym membership
• Private Healthcare / Pension
• Regular nights out and charity events throughout the calendar
• Free office bar every Friday!
If you think that you are suitable for this UI Designer, please apply now!