As a T1 Lead you will be working with colleagues across the organisation and provide the leadership and strategic thinking to ensure a coherent offer is developed and communicated to people living with and affected with T1 diabetes. This will ensure we support people to better self-manage their diabetes, enable them to access the information and care they need in a timely and appropriate way and to facilitate connections with others with experience of living with diabetes. This role will lead a cross-charity T1 Team programme of work ensuring teams work and plan together, and embedding learning and insights in a sustainable way.
Interviews: 30/7/2019 in London
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
- To lead a Type 1 Cross organisational team to evolve the charity's strategy for people with Type 1.
- To lead on horizon scanning, identifying trends in the external T1 space aimed for Type 1 audiences
- To evolve the charity's strategy for people with Type 1 diabetes alongside colleagues across the charity. Work with colleagues across the organisation, to provide the leadership and strategic thinking to ensure an offer is developed and communicated to people with T1 diabetes
- Support the Partnership Team and build a strong foundation for increasing the income we are able to bring in ensuring that the partnership team have the information they need to underpin bids
- Strong strategic thinker and critical information seeker with honed analytical skills.
- Skilled at producing business plans and reporting, including budgeting.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral, and an ability to drive the performance of others who are not direct-reports
- Excellent team working skills to enable team achievements by participation and commitment to shared goals and objectives.
- Strong concern for standards and results focused
- Inform and shape ongoing service development based on insight and feedback
- Build respectful and effective relationships with internal colleagues and volunteers who lead our events on behalf of Diabetes UK
- Manage a busy workload with many competing deadlines while remaining calm and focused
£40,211.00 - £44,679.00 per year