Turnaround & Restructuring Services | Vice President | Manchester or London | Initial 12 month Fixed-Term Contract
CompanyAlixPartners is a leading global business advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialise in creating value and restoring performance at every stage of the business life cycle. We thrive on our ability to make a difference in high-impact situations and deliver sustainable, bottom-line results. More details can be found at www.alixpartners.com.
The Turnaround & Restructuring Services practice is composed of the most respected financial restructuring professionals in the industry. AlixPartners is widely recognised for its long and successful record in helping its clients resolve urgent situations and implement rapid change. Our professionals share a practical, results-oriented mind-set underpinned by the understanding that, under such situations, failure is not an option. We work side-by-side with both management teams and key stakeholders to provide a broad range of services in relation to companies facing strategic, financial, and operational challenges.
We now have several Manchester and London based opportunities within our formal insolvency team, an integral part of the wider TRS practice. The team is involved in formal insolvency cases from the outset – managing a portfolio of cases - taking responsibility for statutory duties, creditor communications, asset realisations, investigations, employee redundancies, claims and correspondence, and case closure.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to join AlixPartners and work as part of a dedicated team responsible for claims agreement and distribution processes in formal insolvency cases. As part of this team you will be required to oversee and progress a broad range of aspects, including managing the review of claims received, their eligibility for proving and agreeing their quantum.
This work will be guided by an overall framework of approach, however candidates will be expected to work with the wider team to apply their own knowledge and skills and to identify any issues or areas of risk and to propose potential improvements to refine the claims agreement and distribution process. As a Vice President, you will be responsible for supporting more junior team members and are likely to be dealing with more complex or high-volume creditor claims, which will require increased review or specific consideration.
Key requisite skills will include an ability to work well as part of a team, a hardworking and diligent approach, self-motivation, good risk awareness, strong problem-solving skills and the ability to understand the ‘big picture’.
Background & Qualifications
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelors degree or strong A-Level results with directly relevant experience.
- A good level of experience in a professional services or corporate environment with a direct relevance to formal insolvency.
- A strong understanding of the UK Insolvency statutory and regulatory framework.
- Strong numerical and analytical capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, in order to work well with colleagues across the team and wider TRS practice.
- The ability to use your own initiative and problem solve with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good project management skills with the ability to prioritise own tasks and those of others, working to keep to deadlines and managing multiple demands.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, with an ability to develop and interpret reports and data analysis.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with experience in IPS or other insolvency systems beneficial.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.