Turnaround & Restructuring Services | Senior Vice President | Manchester or London | Initial 12 month Fixed-Term Contract
AlixPartners is a leading global business advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialise in creating value and restoring performance at every stage of the business life cycle. We thrive on our ability to make a difference in high-impact situations and deliver sustainable, bottom-line results. More details can be found at www.alixpartners.com.
The Turnaround & Restructuring Services practice is composed of the most respected financial restructuring professionals in the industry. AlixPartners is widely recognised for its long and successful record in helping its clients resolve urgent situations and implement rapid change. Our professionals share a practical, results-oriented mind-set underpinned by the understanding that, under such situations, failure is not an option. We work side-by-side with both management teams and key stakeholders to provide a broad range of services in relation to companies facing strategic, financial, and operational challenges.
We now have several Manchester or London based opportunities within our formal insolvency team, an integral part of the wider TRS practice. The team is involved in formal insolvency cases from the outset – managing a large portfolio of cases - taking responsibility for statutory duties, creditor communications, asset realisations, investigations, employee redundancies, claims and correspondence, and case closure.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to join AlixPartners and work as part of a dedicated team responsible for claims agreement and distribution processes in formal insolvency cases. As a senior member of this team you will be required to oversee a broad range of aspects, including approving the review of claims by junior colleagues, assessing claims, agreeing their quantum as well as liaising with and preparing reports for internal purposes and for clients.
This work will be guided by an overall framework of approach, however candidates will be expected to apply their own knowledge and skills to develop and continually improve systems and processes - ensuring compliance with technical and best practice requirements as well as practical application.
As a Senior Vice President, you will be dealing with the most complex or high-volume groups of creditor claims. These will often require detailed legal and practical assessment and the application of insolvency knowledge and claims agreement principles will be critical. You will also be required to supervise and provide support to junior team members and to work closely with senior team members.
An ability to supervise and motivate a team, be hard working, diligent and to demonstrate a creative approach and an appreciation of overall team objectives are key requisite skills.
Background & Qualifications
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor or Masters degree.
- Extensive experience in a professional services or corporate environment and specific experience in insolvency and restructuring is required – with a focus on case progression or claims agreement an advantage.
- Excellent numerical and analytical capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in managing a team, providing day to day oversight and support for junior colleagues whilst reporting directly to a senior project lead.
- Good project management skills and a proven ability to lead workstreams or projects with minimal supervision – dealing with multiple demands, prioritising own tasks and those of others.
- The ability to use your own initiative and develop approaches to complex problems with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, with experience in IPS or other insolvency systems preferred.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including experience in dealing with clients and preparing formal reports.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.