TSO Spares Engineer – Advanced Apprenticeship(
Spares Engineer Apprenticeship
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
We look after BT’s internal network which connects and provides phone, internet, data and TV services to millions of homes and businesses. The work we do happens in the thousands of exchanges, data centres, radio sites and EE sites across the UK.
We have nine apprenticeships on offer in Engineering and all of them are advanced apprenticeships. This means you’ll work towards a Level 2 or 3 NVQ through work-based learning whilst also achieving functional skills, which often are supported by a knowledge based qualification such as a BTEC. Entry requirements can be found at the bottom of this page.
What you'll be doing
The Spares team are a critical conduit between the operational teams, Supply Chain and logistical partners. Spares management is a critical aspect of driving towards our ambition to be the Number One Network. As a spares engineer apprentice you will:
- Be accountable for supporting the end to end UK spares management across the broadband, EE, IP & Data, power, transmission, voice and internal networks.
- Learn how to dimension and re-balance Spares across the UK to meet demand and mitigate against customer impacting incidents.
- Gain skills so you can continue to manage the spares estate to ensure the right spares is in the right place at the right time.
- Learn how to use the systems and tools necessary to do the above.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
A minimum of five GCSEs (or four GCSEs for the Field Engineers orDesk Engineer apprenticeship) at grades 4 – 9 (C or above) including English Language and Maths.
- For our Power Engineer, Power Planning Engineer and Spares Engineer apprenticeships you’ll also need to achieve, or be predicted to achieve, a Maths GCSE at grade 6 (B or above).
- A full driving licence with no more than six points (except for our Spares Engineer and Desk Engineer apprenticeship).
- To meet our safety requirements by showing you can recognise a range of colours (except for our Spares Engineer apprenticeship).
Why choose us?
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
You will need to achieve (or have achieved) a minimum of5 GCSE's at grades 4 – 9 (GCSE C or above) including English Language and Maths at B or above by September 2019.
In addition you must be able to recognise a range of colours.