- Passionate about people
- Warm and outgoing
- Knowledge of local history, culture, and everyday life
- Embrace the opportunity to step out your comfort zone
- Fluent in English
- Creative and resourceful team player with strong leadership qualities
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, including in emergency situations
- Confident orator
- Success driven
As local people, our team of Tour Managers / Program Directors provide first-hand knowledge and insight into the regions we visit - helping our travelers get a true feel for the places they visit. We look for people that thrive in stepping out of their comfort zone, speaking about controversial issues in the areas we visit and would relish in the opportunity to expose our travelers to everyday life, every aspect of it, the good the bad and the ugly. We are looking for personalities who possess unbridled enthusiasm, caring personalities, and ability to bring diverse groups of travelers together. Our Program Directors ensure that the travelers’ experience with Grand Circle is a memorable one, one that they will share with their families and friends when they return home and keep in their hearts forever.
Our Tours run between March and November and are 15-19 days in length The primary role of Program Director is providing an interactive experience for our travelers, making them see the country through the eyes of the locals, taking them off the beaten path and ensuring they feel safe and lucky to have you as a Programme Director. Equally important part of the role is organizing discussions, talks & briefings and thriving in change when required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Industry-competitive compensation – stable minimum £3000 15-day programme plus an attractive quarterly incentive bonus for achieving quality goals
- Professional growth opportunity bound with increased financial compensation and seniority preference in assignment scheduling
- Flexible advance scheduling with sufficient breaks between assignments to relax
- Freedom to take travelers off the beaten path and expose them to your personal found experiences
- No uniformity (dress code is smart casual)
ABOUT GRAND CIRCLE CORPORATION
Grand Circle Corporation is a global enterprise—comprised of a family of travel companies—committed to changing people’s lives by offering high-impact experiences to our travelers and building local communities through philanthropy, social entrepreneurship, and volunteerism.
There are 3 brands within the corporation -:
- GCT - Grand Circle Travel makes the world accessible through trips that deliver unmatched discoveries, leisurely pacing, more travel choices, and comprehensive value. Our journeys take you beyond the major sites (although you’ll see them too, of course) and into the heart of your destination. In a group of no more than 42 Americans, you’ll break bread with local families, and go behind the scenes to see how they truly live and work. And with you every step of the way will be your local Program Director, who will make your trip come alive in a way that only an insider could.
- OAT - Overseas Adventure Travel offers unique small group adventures worldwide to Americans over 50. We explore on—and off—the beaten path with a local O.A.T. Trip Leader, immersing ourselves in local cultures, sampling unique modes of transportation, and staying in authentic lodgings that reflect the essence of your destination. You’ll be part of a group of no more than 10-16 travelers, slipping into the flow of local life without disrupting it.
- GCCL- Grand Circle Cruise Line is our award-winning cruise division. On our Small Ship Adventures, you’ll travel aboard our privately-owned ships. Each of these ocean-going vessels is able to access smaller ports that most other American companies miss, giving our travelers a more authentic sense of everyday life —away from the typically tourist crowd. Throughout the journey, you’ll lead a small group of no more than 25 American travelers for a truly intimate experience.
Job Type: Contract