Our client is looking for candidates to join them as a Travel Trainer based in the Wandsworth Area to work with young people aged 13-20. With a salary of £9.20 per hour you will also receive a range of benefits including flexible hours and paid annual leave.
About their Organisation:
On July 10th 2019, they formally came together with another leading social care provider in London to provide an enhanced range of services across London and the South East.
They have a long and proud history of providing care and support to people with learning and physical disabilities, mental health issues and autism.
They now support more than 4,000 people across the region. Through a wide range of services and by working closely with each individual, they give people the independence they need to allow them to have the lifestyle they choose.
About the Travel Trainer role:
- Are you looking for a few hours work each day?
- Perhaps you are retired or with grown up children at school or college?
- Or you are needing experience for a career in teaching or occupational therapy?
- Do you like teaching new skills and travelling on public transport?
If the answer is YES to all the above, then they need YOU to join their team as a Travel Trainer!
- Candidates should be over the age of 18, enthusiastic and physically fit, and enjoy working with young people and being out and about in their local community each day.
- You also need to be able to work well with families and carers.
- Successful applicants will be employed on a sessional basis, to work with trainee travellers daily during term time, both in the mornings and afternoons, with some opportunities for work outside of term time.
- The purpose of the work is to teach young people how to access public transport and improve their independence in the community.
- Full training and support is given to all successful candidates.
- Candidates will need a good standard of communication both written and verbal.
- All candidates are required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Benefits of the Travel Trainer role:
- Flexible hours
- Valuable work experience
- Excellent training programme
- Paid annual leave
- Support to achieve professional qualifications (QCF)
- Contributory Pension Scheme of up to 5% of your salary
- DBS/Update service subscription
Closing Date: 30th September 2020
They treat everyone equally and are proud of having a diverse staff team in their organisation. There’s only one thing we'll never compromise on, that is a commitment to their values.
If you would like to join the company as their Travel Trainer, please click apply now to receive further information about the role and the application process.