Are you looking for a job, or a career?
We think there’sno organisation quite like Davies to support you to progress in your chosen career path. We’re proud of our development culture, and our continuing investment in a wide range of internal programmes and external qualifications.
So, are youa Davies person?
We’re looking for individuals whoshare ourpassion andwant to play a part in shaping our future. Being a Davies person means being part of our exciting journey.
Our culture is the foundation of who we are. We don’t do “business as usual”!We’re set apart by our Disruptive Thinking, our unique “Innovation Lab” programmes, and asolid Corporate Social Responsibility.
As wecontinue to grow and diversify it’scrucialto us that all Davies colleagues stay true to our“Big IDEA”: toInspire, Deliver, Empower and Aspire. These values remain the cornerstone of what we do.
What we’re looking for:
Are you interested in travel? We have an exciting opportunity to deal with travel claims in our Preston office.
Joining Davies as a Travel Claims Handler means thatyou’ll be involved in the full life cycle of our customer travel insurance claims, ensuring our policyholders receive exceptional service and a speedy resolution. We are looking for people with transferable skills, so previous experience isn’t necessary.
It’s a busy role, with a broad range of responsibilities, but the fundamentals include:
- Composing professional and informative letters and other written correspondence
- Ensuringcompliance withourcontractual and regulatory requirements
- Recording full and accuratedetails within our systems
- Contributing toa happy team working environment
What does atypical day as a Travel Claims Handler looklike?
- In the morning you will be given your workload allocation from your line manager
- You will then use the remainder of the day to manage your own workload; taking inbound calls, making outbound calls and using web portals to communicate effectively andempathetically
- Your focus is on delivering exceptional service to our customers when they call to discuss their existing insurance claim
- You’re fully supported by line managers and your team throughout the day using chat functions, emails, calls and face to face assistance to ensure you can always get help when you need it
- A typical call with a customer begins with security checks, then you will discuss the specifics of the claim including documents, payments etc. You may need to ask questions such as clarifying the number of travellers and other details to aid the progression of the claim. You will then close the claims when concluded, or advise the customer of next steps to progress.
The skillsand qualitiesyou’ll need:
- A professional and adaptable communicationstyle – bothwritten and verbal;
- Efficientadministrative skills;
- Strong numeracy,literacy, and IT skills;
- A proactive attitude, and an enthusiastic approach
There are no specific qualifications that we demandfor the role; and although we welcome those with previous industry experience, it’s transferable skills and qualities that we value here at Davies. If you have what we’re looking for, as set out above, and you’re on board with the values as per our “Big IDEA”, then we’ll provide a full and comprehensive induction and training programme to support and nurture you in the first steps of your career journey.
What we offer:
- Monday - Saturday (5 days out of 7) with shifts between 8am- 8pm
- You will receive two10 minute comfort breaks and a30 minutebreak for lunch per day
- Contracted hours are 37.5 hours per week
You’ll enjoy benefits such as above-statutory holidays, pension, life assurance, discounted Preston bus pass, access to training and professional qualifications, Corporate Social Responsibility events, Innovation Lab programmes, Davies Incentive Programme, Employee Assistance Programme, and other wellbeing services such as Headspace app membership…. And much more!
Take your first step towards becoming a Davies Person! Follow our simple application process by clicking “Apply Now”.
Davies Groupendeavour to recruit from the widest possible pool of suitable candidates. If you require any adjustments or special arrangements to be made to our application process on account of a disability please contact.