Transport Planning Lead- Manchester(
Transport Planning Lead- Manchester
ARCADIS is a global design and consultancy company active in over 70 countries from over 300 offices. The combination of design and consultancy and the unique at scale collection of professional technical skills provides the capability to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for clients worldwide. We regularly gain recognition from industry partners across the regions in which we work and in 2016 Arcadis was ranked 5th in the NCE 100 Companies of the Year. As part of a leading global firm, our people get to work on the world’s most high-profile, challenging and transformative projects. Across disciplines and geographies, our people are able to share, grow, explore and benefit from our collective experience. At work, in our communities, and around the world, our people seek to improve quality of life. Every employee is a vital and meaningful part of our vision. We attract and reward employees who share our commitment.
We are currently looking for a passionate and dynamic Transport Planning Lead to join our Advisory and Strategic Modelling team in Manchester. Our teams have an excellent reputation for strategic traffic modelling and economic appraisal and an established track record of successfully delivering a wide variety of projects to both local and national clients. The multi-disciplinary nature of the business also means that we are able to build project teams from disciplines wider than transportation to offer clients a true ‘one stop shop’.
We seek enthusiastic and motivated individuals who have at least 10 years experience and wish to challenge themselves to take on a more senior role leading and developing our team in Manchester.
Successful candidates will have a rounded skill set in strategic modelling, preferably SATURN, with wider experience in other areas such as economics appraisal, report writing and project management, as well as the ability to work with the wider business developing new clients. We also expect excellent written and oral communication skills.
We offer a dynamic challenging job in a pleasant working climate, attention to continued personal development and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. This exciting opportunity provides an individual with a platform to further develop our business in the North West and contribute to the wider Arcadis offer across the region.
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (Degree qualified in a relevant discipline).
- Applicants should have a first degree in civil engineering or in a quantitative subject such as geography, mathematics, economics, engineering and urban planning.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skill
- Be a positive and enthusiastic team player
- Experience in strategic modelling and economic appraisal
- Experience / knowledge of transport modelling software packages SATURN, DIADEM, TUBA, COBALT, QUADRO.
- Experience in liaising with clients
- A post-graduate qualification in a transport related subject
- Experience in project/commercial management
- Experience of building client relationships and winning work
- Experience in managing and mentoring staff
- Understanding of core WebTAG guidelines
To support the delivery of projects, your activities may include:
- Undertaking the role of Project Manager on significant sized projects, managing resources and project delivery
- Liaising with clients as appropriate to establish a clear definition of the project requirements
- Identifying and managing both project and commercial risks
- Monitoring and controlling work outputs and costs during the progress of the project
- Managing and/or providing advice and update reports to the client, in relation to the planning, design and supervision of projects
- Liaising with third parties involved in projects, including when necessary, the general public
- Completing projects in a timely and cost effective way
- Effectively managing team members
- Being involved in continuously improving the performance of employees and acting as a mentor for more junior employees
- Assisting with the preparation of bids and contribute to marketing initiatives for the group
- Managing all of the technical aspects of projects, in accordance with the Practice’s Project Management System procedures.