£35,000 per annum
Monday to Friday 8am – 4.30pm
• Experience working as a Transport Manager / Fleet Manager or similar
• National CPC Operator license
• Strong man management skills.
• Experience of budgetary / financial control
• Leader and Motivator
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to build relationships internally and externally
You will be responsible for managing the transport operation so that it is a fit for purpose appropriate to the varying and changing needs of the business. Duties will include...
• To take the lead role in day to day fleet operations.
• To oversee the day to day running of the vehicle workshop.
• To oversee planning to ensure the smooth running of the fleet.
• To ensure that all in-house vehicles are compliant with all legal, regulatory, environmental and contractual requirements.
• To efficiently manage and develop a team of drivers.
• To manage the Tachomaster internet system to ensure driver compliance.
• To maintain and manage and oversee the company’s Operator’s licence in order to run a fleet of HGV Vehicles and make sure the OCR score is kept to a high standard.
• To identify operational issues, cost efficiencies, potential problems and opportunities.
• To take responsibility for all health, safety, quality and environmental issues affecting the Transport Department.
• To ensure high standards of service delivery through the consistent application of recognised standards and established policies, procedures and practices.
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK is set to depart from the EU on 31st January 2020. EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please follow the below link for information on how to apply.