In a nutshell, you'll make sure we have the right Drivers on the right routes so our stores stay well stocked.
Supervising and co-ordinating the team, you'll sort out all the best routes and assign them to our Drivers. What's more, you'll be the go-to person for any Driver who's got a question or a problem. We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And without our talented Logistics team, there'd simply be no products in those stores.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a VMU/Workshop Deputy to join the team at the Goldthorpe Distribution Centre.
• Working alongside the VMU Section Leader to assist in forward planning, service Rota’s, day to day running of the VMU and providing cover in their absence
• Experienced administrator with LGV technical qualification (preferred but not essential) and experienced in the use of MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Demonstrable experience in coordinating and planning tasks and schedules
• Analytical with the ability to synthesize large amounts of technical and financial data
• Strong communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships both internally and with external providers
• Experience of leading a team and conducting 1-1 meetings
• Carrying out routine maintenance and repairs
• Carry out running repairs to defected vehicles and trailers
• Completing thorough safety checks and preparing vehicles for MOT
• Working to DVSA standards and maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
• Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified technician)
• Refrigeration f- gas certified (preferred but not essential)
• Proven work experience in servicing and maintenance of large goods vehicles
• LGV C + E license (preferred but not essential)
• Ability to work within a fast paced environment and meet set deadlines
• Ensuring H&S and Environmental regulations are adhered to