|Job Title||Transfer Pricing – Assistant Manager|
|Service Line||Transfer Pricing|
|Service Line Information||KPMG's Transfer Pricing practice is a dynamic and fast growing area within our tax business. A constantly changing and increasingly significant field, the Transfer Pricing team helps clients establish, implement, document and defend market based pricing for transactions between enterprises under common ownership or control, across a broad spectrum of industries. This is an area intensely scrutinised by tax authorities, governments and the media worldwide due to public concerns on large companies shifting profits abroad and seeking to avoid paying tax. The practice has a diverse mix of tax professionals, accountants and economists with backgrounds from industry, practice and tax authorities.|
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
|Job Description||The team |
KPMG's transfer pricing practice is a highly dynamic and successful area within our tax business. A constantly changing and increasingly significant field, the transfer pricing team helps clients establish, document and defend market based pricing terms in relation to transactions between parts of multinational businesses.
We are a national team of over 110 transfer pricing specialists including 5 Partners mostly based in London and key UK cities. There is a good mix of tax professionals, accountants and economists with backgrounds from industry, practice and HMRC. This variety of backgrounds will give you the opportunity work with people who are experts in their field, and help you to build a diverse skillset.
The work involves:
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Interviewing clients to understand activities and value drivers for our clients’ businesses
- Determining key industry features across varied industries that influence the pricing of transactions
- Benchmarking market prices across industries and transaction types
- Documenting pricing policies Drafting transfer pricing reports
- Supporting clients with tax authority enquiries and Advance Pricing Agreements
- Involvement in global documentation projects where we prepare transfer pricing reports for clients across multiple jurisdictions
- Coordinating with KPMG’s international tax, indirect tax and other teams across the business on a range of topics
- Coaching and developing junior members of staff
- Assisting with the team’s business development and marketing initiatives.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills/experience:
- Strong people skills for engaging with our clients and team members
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- CTA, CA, ACA, ACCA, Masters in Economics or equivalently qualified
- You will have gained experience of preparing transfer pricing documentation, tax value chain analyses, benchmarking, supporting with tax authority enquiries/Advance Pricing Agreements, project management and managing junior team members
- Sound judgement, including the ability to identify and evaluate risk issues and know when to involve others.
- High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- High level of drive and enthusiasm with a positive attitude
- Good commercial awareness and a desire to develop a technical specialism
- Ability and willingness to keep up to date technically
- An appreciation of and/or understanding of ethical/risk issues within a client service environment
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
|Applying with a Disability||As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy