Are you looking for a career in healthcare? Perhaps a career change?
Then join us on a journey that is challenging and rewarding where you will learn something new every day!
What’s it all about?
A dental nurse works side by side to the dentist assisting them in a variety of dental procedures ultimately making sure the patient care and experience is at its best.
As an Apprentice Dental Nurse you learn everything that helps makes this a success including:
- Greeting the patients, making sure they are settled and ready for their appointment
- Making sure the dentist has the correct instruments prepared ahead of the patient appointment
- Charting and collating key dental information during the appointment
- Mixing specialist materials to make moulds for teeth impressions
- Understanding how a dentist performs and how you can best drive efficiency and help the performance of the practice
- Keeping the surgery clean and tidy and managing infection control
Throughout your role it’s really critical that patient care and confidentiality are your top priorities.
Being an Apprentice means after only a few weeks you will be expected to be in surgery and learn on the job whilst learning through your Apprenticeship. You will have the support of a nurse buddy, your Practice Manager, your assessor and our specialist nurse training team.
What’s in it for me?
- We have a rewarding pay structure above minimum wage that increases when you qualify – we don’t pay Apprenticeship wage!
- You will learn an NVQ level 3 in Dental Nursing with our chosen course provider, Temp Dent where you will be participate in weekly webinars and be given an additional 2.5 hours per week to study. This goes alongside your on-the-job learning which you log individually.
- You will be given paid time to attend revision workshops and examinations and don’t forget the full support of a one-to-one assessor.
- We pay for your GDC membership and renew this each year whilst you’re with us.
- We also have a number of company benefits including an online platform with a variety of brand name discounts.
- When you qualify as dental nurse, the next career steps for you are endless – we really believe and can demonstrate all different kinds of career development.
Am I the right person?
To be a nurse you have natural compassion and care yet you are also organised, driven and passionate.
You’ll need to think pro-actively and have a planned approach to be able to best support a dentist and be self-motivated to complete your studies throughout your apprenticeship.
What do I do next?
Join Rodericks, join a team that values what you do!
We’re here to help. If you require any further information please get in touch.