In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within Watchkeeper programme for a Training Specialist to join the team as the product training capability is increased. The role will be to work within a Through Life Support Engineering (TLSE) team and undertake Training Needs Analysis to customer requirements, develop and design training interventions within own competence without day to day guidance or supervision in a professional manner and in accordance with the client’s relevant specifications, standards and Thales (Chorus II) and internal documentation processes.
The jobholder has dual reporting lines in a matrix organisation. For project performance the reporting line is through to the Programme Service Delivery Manager and Programme Manager, or as otherwise determined. For functional aspects the reporting line is through to the Head of Technical Publications and Training.
You will be required to develop networks & build key relationships to obtain ‘buy-in’ and cooperation in order to achieve objectives and fulfil responsibilities
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Work as an effective team member. Undertake and take ownership of day-to-day ILS training activities ensuring their delivery on-time, to budget and quality.
- Support, share and contribute to the exercising of best practice in the Team. Through the merit of your own actions and performance, consistently demonstrate the value of Learning and Development to our customers.
- Work with customer and end user to highlight front line training issues that affect system availability and capability. Recommend changes to training affected processes and procedures and follow through with required updates.
- Analysis of trending training data to manage training design changes required to improve learning outcomes for the end users.
- Produce and deliver TNA report outputs to both internal and external customers on behalf of Thales
- Fulfil the analysis of training design for the UK MoD to JSP822 latest edition and deliver training design support to ensure the Company training outputs remain compliant specifically for all courseware design effort.
- Compile data, to a variety of national / international /civil / military specifications, and produce physical/electronic deliverables.
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members.
- Take responsibility for contributing to team planning, risk management, quality and HSE.
- Set targets for and manage own development with line manager. Seek and share good practice and knowledge to continuously improve own practices.
- Training Development and Design
- Strong proficiency within standard Microsoft office packages/Authoring tools
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Engineering knowledge/experience
- Good understanding of engineering standards and processes.
- Ability to turn technical information into easily understood text
- Technical Authoring
- Basic Logistic Support Analysis (LSA)
- Engineering Product Lifecycle
- Training Needs Analysis in an engineering environment
- Writing in a structured environment (eg XML to S1000D, DITA)
- Testing Techniques
- Training Development and Design
- Production of Learning outcomes
- Technical Authoring in an engineering environment
- Simplified Technical English
- Support to Bids
- Estimating Skills
- Risk and Opportunity Management
- Work Package Management
One of the following:
- BTEC qualified in engineering sciencewith some engineering experience
- City and Guilds qualified in engineering science with some engineering experience.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!