Calling All Qualified Gas Engineers....
0800 Repair are the UK's largest independent Domestic Appliance Repair Company, employing over 100 engineers nationwide. We pride ourselves on the quality of our workmanship & extremely high levels of customer service.
An exciting employment opportunity has arisen for qualified Gas Engineers to crossover into Domestic White Goods. Utilising your existing qualifications to repair domestic Gas cookers and hobs, you will then be trained to repair the full range of domestic electrical household appliances, including laundry appliances, cooking and refrigeration. The roles are available in the following locations: Oxford, Swindon, Derby, Bristol, Reading, Guildford, Sheffield, York, Bath, Taunton, Torquay, Glasgow, Halifax, Bradford and Norwich.
Training and support is provided through our academy, leading to full time employment with basic earnings starting at £28,000 per year upon completion of your training.
What will be covered in the training? Training will be carried out at our 0800 Repair Academy based in the North East as well as out in the field in your local area and will cover the following:-
- Health & Safety
- Installation of Refrigeration Systems and Components
- Repair of Domestic Appliances
- Maintenance of Systems and Components
- Safe Working Environments
- Maintaining Effective Working Relationships
- The 0800 Way
- Our purpose built training facility (in the North East) provides preparation training and assessments for all skills associated to become a fully trained White Goods / Domestic Appliance Engineer.
- Competitive salary with wage increases throughout your training period (dependent on you passing the relevant stage of your training at that point)
- Bonus scheme
- Overtime available but not compulsory
- Home based role.
- Monday to Friday flexible working hours (40 hours per week).
- Company van and fuel card.
- Uniform, tools and PPE supplied.
- Company Pension scheme.
- 22 Days annual holiday allowance plus 8 Bank holidays. (Rises with length of service to a maximum of 25)
- The role will involve working in our customer’s home where you will meet a variety of people from all walks of life so excellent interpersonal skills are a must. You will need to be:
- Super organised
- Friendly and helpful
- Smart and presentable
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Team Player
- Flexible to working hours
- Articulate and a good communicator
- Good with English (verbally and written)
- Proficient in using a computer (especially Word, Outlook and MS Office)
- Important: You will need to hold a valid Certificate of Competency with a minimum competency of CCN1 and CKR1. LAU1 and LPG conversion would also be an advantage but are not a necessity. You will also need to hold a full UK driving licence with no more than 6 points .
Overall we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate our passion for great customer service with the ambition and drive to succeed in a new career.