Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47countries and about 45,000 staff.Job Description
Are you ready to start a rewarding career in the ever-changing world of tech?
Software testing is a critical part of the tech industry. To avoid high profile software failures, costly errors and damage to their brands, organisations are heavily investing in new technology and techniques to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their testing.
A career in software testing offers the opportunity to develop both your technical and business skills, while you contribute to the success of systems delivery for high profile organisations across a range of industries. You can develop skills in evolving areas such as:
- Test automation using tools and frameworks to write automated test scripts in programming languages such as Java, C#, Ruby etc.
- Exploratory testing which involves defining and executing tests and raising defects concurrently to increase the speed at which we can test and provide feedback
- Supporting Agile and DevOps methodologies, improving the collaboration between testers, developers and operations
What does my future look like?
As a Software Test Consultant, youll be involved in all phases of an IT project, which makes testing an excellent field for those who want to develop skills related to all aspects of software development. In developing cross functional skills, you will have the opportunity to progress your career into more senior roles including management, performance testing and consultancy.
What will I be doing?
An Edge Testing Consultant will have the opportunity to:
- Work on a wide variety of projects from cutting edge start-ups, to large complex business critical projects each project provides a new learning platform
- Review software requirements to ensure they are clear to all aspects of the business
- Collaborate with developers to identify unit tests for their code
- Create automated tests to support build verification activities
- Create and execute tests to check the functionality of the software works as expected
- Raise issues with the development team when the application does not behave as expected
- Work with business stakeholders to identify the priority and severity of defects raised
- Engage the support team to identify workarounds and solutions for production issues
After successfully completing your training, you will work on-site at our Digital Test Hub in Manchester or with a nominated end client. Youll work on exciting projects, possibly involving testing hardware and infrastructure, or digital projects, where youll be testing applications across digital portfolios, including mobile applications (iOS and Android) and web applications. Most of these digital programmes are customer facing applications, so you will help make a big difference in improving the experience of customers and you will be able to see the impact that the testing has had on the product. Work will take you to varied locations across the UK, so flexibility to work away is key.
But thats not all, theres plenty to get involved with outside of work too, with social events and networking, as well as charity initiatives and much more.Qualifications
Apply now if you have any of the following:
- A degree
- The passion and enthusiasm to succeed within the IT industry
- An analytical mind-set so that you can identify the variety of tests that could be run to validate functionality
- The curiosity to think of a range of approaches that could be used to break the software
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas to all different types of people in the software development lifecycle
We provide you with:
- The opportunity to receive industry recognised training and qualifications
- Development of cross functional IT skills e.g. stakeholder management, communication, planning and managing pressure
- Understanding of core software testing principles and practices e.g. risk management, reviewing documentation, writing and executing test cases, raising defects
- Gain experience with some of the worlds most reputable organisations
- Mentoring and on-going support throughout your entire Academy journey
- Social events and networking
Starting Salaries are:18,500
Based out of our Manchester office, however, you should be able and willing to work throughout the UK to maximise the career opportunities on offer.
Edge Testing, established in 2007, has grown fast to become the UKs largest independent software testing company. Our talented workforce includes some of the UKs premier testing thought leaders and experts, who help deliver exceptional services to our clients in the financial services, telecommunications and media, utilities, retail and the public sector.
Our portfolio includes Managed Testing, Consultancy, Performance Testing, Test Automation and Cyber Security as well as our successfulDigital Test Hubsand theEdge Academy. It is our broad range of services and the way we do business, that sets us apart from the competition.
In 2018 Edge Testing became part of Eurofins Digital Testing, a Eurofins Scientific division, the worlds leading Testing and Quality Assurance (QA) specialists, who operate globally with test lab facilities in the UK, USA, Belgium, Poland, Sweden and Hong Kong.