TRAINEESHEET METAL WORKER – UNITECH ENGINEERING LTD - RAF-2096/MO
Are you looking for a new opportunity? If so, Unitech Engineering Limited based in Burntwood, Staffordshire are looking for a Trainee Sheet Metal Worker. The Company itself, are the leading manufacturers of high-quality stainless steel and aluminium equipment for the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and other hygiene conscious industries..
Reporting directly to the Sheet metal Foreman, this role is responsible for manufacturing components and fabrications used in the companies Stainless Steel Commercial and Industrial Catering Equipment offering.
Main duties will include:
During your training period of 18-24 months duration you will learn to;
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- To set up and use a guillotine, CNC press brake, notcher and other workshop machinery.
- Use hand tools and semi-automatic deburring equipment.
- Assemble components by mechanical means other than welding.
- Maintain and ensure equipment is safe, clean and in good working order, reporting any defaults that may arise.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and tidy, adhering to Health and Safety procedures and policies at all times.
- Any other duties commensurate within this position and skill set required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of working on a shop floor environment, (ideally within sheet metal) would be advantage, although full training will be given to the successful applicant.
- Must be flexible to meeting the production demands of the business
- Be able to meet reasonable time scales for the work required.
- Have the ability to work within a team.
- Pay attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the ability to multi task.
What we offer in return:
- Salary will be the age appropriate National Minimum Wage whilst training.
- Full term contract upon the successful completion of the training period.
- 28days’ holiday (inclusive of annual, bank/public days)
- Access to a contributory company pension scheme, employer contribution of 3%,
- A varied and interesting role with one of the leading manufacturers of high-quality stainless steel and aluminium equipment for the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and other hygiene conscious industries.
Suitable? In the first instance, please submit you’re CV and written application by email quoting RAF-2096/MOoutlining what you feel you can offer us and this role. All applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org . To find out more about our Company please visit our company website. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you, we look forward to receiving your application.