RM Education part of the RM Group have a great opportunity for a Trainee Sales Consultant. This role offers a competitive rate salary and an abundance of benefits. The role is based at our new Milton Park office. You will report into the Sales Lead part of the Digital Platforms team. RM encourages knowledge and growth and has been named Top employer for another year running.
The Digital Platforms Business Unit provides software offerings that are all designed to make schools better. Existing products include RM Integris, RM Finance, RM SafetyNet and RM Unify. In addition to shaping the evolution of these propositions, controlling roadmaps and ongoing development; this Business Unit will build on RM's core strengths and capabilities as a software company and have a strong focus on innovation to ensure we are developing future offerings. It is expected that this will form a major contribution to the growth of RM Education.
At the heart of driving the success of Digital Platforms sits the Sales Team, who are growing market share and capitalising on key market opportunities by providing solutions to the education industry’s key problems and modern day issues.
Sales Consultants form the foundation of the sales engine, generating leads for the Business Development Manager Team with a blend of sales and marketing activities targeting and engaging with key decision makers in Schools and/or Trusts (groups of schools) to qualify and arrange face-to-face presentations and web demos. A key aspect of the role, outside of booking meetings, is to properly establish the qualification of said meetings with customers, to increase the likelihood of closure by the relevant BDMs.
To be successful, you need to be tenacious, organised and ambitious in nature, willing to go the extra mile to generate business and accelerate the sales process where possible. A training program will be provided.
Top performing Sale Consultants will also have the potential to move into the Internal Business Development Team and the Field Business Development Team in time, providing career development opportunities and structured progression. This role also has the potential for future team management responsibilities for the right individual.
RM Education is a business in the RM Plc Group that provides a diverse set of ICT products, services and solutions which reach of over 7,000 educational establishments in the UK. Contracts range from individual schools to multi-year managed service contracts for Multi Academy Trusts and central Scottish Government. Over the last few years RM Education has been through a period of transition which saw it scale down its low-margin commodity hardware business with a strategic focus shift to higher margin offerings such as software and services. The business today is broadly made up of Managed Services (c.40% of revenues), Infrastructure (c.50%) and Digital Platforms (c.10%).
Identifies target markets and opportunities and acts upon these opportunities to create leads for their set of propositions
- Book appointments for Business Development Managers to meet customers to understand their needs and as such directly supports the generation of firm leads based on these conversations
- Engages at SLT level wherever possible
- Reacts to inbound leads to qualify and progress
- Pro-actively call to make appointments where required
- Feedback to Product Management and Marketing when trends are identified
- Creates new channels to marketing through strategic relationships
- Uses tools such as LinkedIn to effectively reach key target audience
- Is able to lead and steer conversations so that as many key opportunities are uncovered as possible
Enabling and supporting BDM Team and other channels
Is considered a specialist in your product area, highly knowledgeable about the market for those products as well as the products themselves
- Provide in-office support in the form of communication and quotations if necessary for the field members of the team.
- Able to strongly qualify leads to better enable BDMs to perform in their face-to-face meetings and web demos, and be appropriately prepared in covering specific topics and pain points.
- In their specialist context, is able to talk credibly to senior leaders in Education about the market and the challenges they face
- Holds in depth knowledge on our competitors in the market
You will need the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Degree preferable
- Confident working to KPIs and Targets
- A track record or strong desire to learn and work in business development
- A passion for the education sector
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Strong team working skills
- Good sales skills and educational knowledge
- Planning & organising skills
- Good judgement and decision making
- High stress tolerance
- Results orientation and achievement against objectives, targets and KPIs
- Flexible can-do attitude with a willingness and ability to adapt within the role
- The ability to think and act independently; with customers and within the business
- Good written, numerical and presentation skills
- Strong alignment to RM's core values: Make it Simple, Consider it Done, Be Brave, Be Curious and Win Together
Look at the benefits you are entitled to!
- 25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days)
- Performance Related Bonus Scheme
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
The following voluntary benefits are also available:
- Voluntary Dental Plan
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
- Voluntary Critical Illness Cover
- Voluntary Health Assessments
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Give As You Earn (GAYE)
- Employee Referral Scheme
RM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all permanent and temporary staff to share this commitment. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and all successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.