Trainee Bus Driver - Sunderland
Sick of being sat behind a desk? Bored of the same four walls? Wish you could just grab your sandwiches, hop behind the wheel and tootle around Sunderland?
Well there are two ways you can…either win the lottery (not that likely we’re afraid), or come and work with us (much more likely!)
We know you’d prefer to win the lottery, but we’re not a bad alternative you know!
Now don’t stop reading when we say “bus driver” (humour us and read on) – there’s so much more to it than you may think, and it’s so much more rewarding than you’d expect!
You’ll be the face of our business – playing an incredibly important role each and every day safely and comfortably transporting our fantastic customers to work, to the high street, to our cities and towns, to healthcare and community services, to days away and nights out.
You’ll make sure that Sarah gets to her university lectures on time. You’ll say hello to James on his way to hospital to see his new baby boy. You’ll help Vikram get to his first day at his new job. You’ll know some of them by name, and some of them will know you on first name terms too!
And where they don’t, we’re relying on you to give them a fantastic journey to remember with your focus on all things customer. You’ll need to operate the bus safely of course, but we’ll teach you all of that for free in our in-house training school.
If that’s not enough, you’ll be part of an incredible family. We employ over 1,000 colleagues in the North East alone, and 25,000 across the UK. You’ll be part of one of the UK’s greatest business success stories, driving us forward (sorry about the pun!) to even bigger success.
Aside from the reward of delivering an incredible experience to our customers, there’s plenty more we can offer:
- Job security – we’ve been going since 1980, we turnover £1.3bn per year, and we’re not planning on hanging our boots up anytime soon!
- Free travel – for you and your companion on our buses. That means on your days off (of which there are plenty!) you can be off shopping for free without worrying about parking the car, or heading off for a day in the city without paying a fortune in petrol or train fares!
- A great regular income – paid weekly so it’s never too long between pay cheques (not that we pay be cheque – straight into your account every week!)
- Flexibility – we’ve got full time and part time shifts, weekend only work, so you can fit work around your existing commitments.
- A brilliant working environment – you’re not stuck at a desk, and your boss isn’t stood over you. You’re out and about, trusted to look after our customers and enjoy yourself while you’re doing just that.
- A skill for life – we’ll teach you to drive a bus. We’ll pass on our expertise so you drive it with as much ease as you do your everyday car.
- Promotions – want to start by driving a bus but want to fly up the ladder? Great! We’ve got plenty of colleagues who started life as a driver but are now Inspectors, Trainers and Managers within our business. Likewise, if you’re happy driving a bus and nothing else, that’s absolutely fine by us.
- UK wide opportunities – fancy a move to Devon in a few years but not sure how you’d get a job there? Other half is keen to live in Yorkshire? You decide to go to university in London? We run bus companies across the country so if you do move from Sunderland, rest assured you’ll be okay for employment!
There’s only two things we need from you:
1. A driving license with no more than 6 penalty points on it.
2. A passion for delivering a great customer experience.
And that’s it…we’ll help you with everything else you need to know!
So if you like the sound of being a professional driver and customer ambassador for Stagecoach North East, click Apply Now! We can’t wait to get your application!