Trainee Bus Driver
This application is ONLY for Trainee PSV drivers for our Peterborough & Long Sutton Depots. Please see our other adverts for qualified drivers.
We are looking for people who are reliable, enthusiastic and enjoy working with the public as well as working as part of a team at our Peterborough Depot.
What do I need?
- A passion for working with the public.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Flexibility to work a variety shifts.
- Good timekeeping skills.
- A positive attitude and the ability to use initiative.
What do I get?
- Up to five weeks annual leave.
- Structured pay increases over 2 years.
- Free bus travel on all Stagecoach UK Bus Services (including Oxford Tube!) for you and a nominee.
- Ongoing training and great career progression.
- A smart uniform.
- Great pension scheme and many more employee “perks” via our bespoke benefits provider.
What will I do?
- Learn to drive a bus! Don’t worry, we’ll help you every step of the way (see below).
- Operate the company’s network of local bus services, providing essential transport throughout our operating area.
- Engage with our customers, making sure they enjoy a safe, pleasant and comfortable journey.
- Safe driving at all times and to the required company standard.
- Issue a wide range of tickets and collect fares (contactless, Android and ApplePay).
What’s the training process?