( A Bus Driver Trainee and PCV holders A ()
Have you woken up this morning and decided you fancy a career change? We are looking for happy go lucky people to join us with or without PCV licenses, as we provide all the training you require to get out on the open road. This is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly family.
These positions are based out of our purpose built eco friendly depot in Leamington Spa; however, live further a field? We also have an Outstation in Stratford and possible location can be discussed when you sit in front of us at interview.
Where could you travel you may ask? We operate services in and around Leamington, the historic town of Warwick, Coventry and much more, but don’t forget we also operate the City Sightseeing Tour in the stunning town of Stratford, where William Shakespeare was born. Yes we are biased!
What do we look for in potential employees?
We are looking for friendly, flexible & reliable people, who enjoy engaging with the public, working on their own initiative and will enjoy being part of a friendly and dedicated team. As a PCV Driver you will be required to operate the company’s network of local bus services, providing essential transport throughout our operating area.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Engaging with customers, making sure they enjoy a safe, pleasant and comfortable journey with us
- Getting our passengers from A to B, whether that's to work, appointments or just a day out, whilst ensuring the vehicle is driven safely at all times and to the high company standards attained during the paid training period
- Issuing tickets and collecting fares
Training & qualifications:
Full, paid training to PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) licence standard will be provided, including:
- Tuition to pass modules 2, 3 and 4 of the PCV Driving Test
- Vehicle and route familiarisation.
- Ticket machine and ticket type training.
- Introduction to company systems, procedures and policies.
Once you have passed through all the formalised training elements you will work with an experienced colleague who will support you in your early days with us as you settle in to your new role.
We even provide ongoing training to help you excel in your role and ensure you maintain your Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)!
- Competitive salary
- Four weeks paid holiday, with additional service days after a qualifying period
- A smart uniform
- Free local bus travel for employees and their spouses/partners
- Great pension benefits.
Rates of pay depend on the shift you work.
Trainee drivers rates range between £10.20 & £13.93
Qualified PCV rates range between £10.89 & £14.87
Please note a DBS check will be carried out.
Like what you’ve read so far? Hit the apply now button at the bottom of the page and we look forward to reading your application.
What our staff say....