(* * Trainee bus driver and PCV holders * *)
We are looking for friendly, flexible & reliable people, who enjoy engaging with the public, working on their own initiative and will enjoy being part of a friendly and dedicated team. As a trainee bus driver you will drive buses on the company’s local network, providing essential transport throughout our operating area.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Engaging with customers, making sure they enjoy a safe, pleasant and comfortable journey with us
- Ensuring the vehicle is driven safely at all times and to the high company standards
- Issuing tickets and collecting fares
Training & qualifications:
Full, paid training will be provided, including:
- Tuition to pass the PCV Driving Test
- Vehicle and route familiarisation.
- Ticket machine training.
- Company systems, procedures and policies.
Once you have passed through these stages you will work with an experienced colleague who will support you in your early days as you settle in to your new role.
The Company offers an attractive remuneration package, including four weeks annual leave, a smart uniform, free local bus travel for employees and their spouses/partners and great pension benefits.
Rates of pay depend on the shift you work.
Trainee drivers rates range between £10.20 & £13.93
Qualified PCV rates range between £10.89 & £14.87
Please note a DBS check will be carried out
What our staff say....