Trainee Bus Driver
Are you looking to start your journey on a new career? Fancy a change and want something that provides stability, a new skill and guaranteed hours with a flexible working pattern?
We have a trainee Bus Driver role in Mansfield which would suit someone who has the desire to take on a challenge, learn something new and who enjoys working with the public; if you recognise these qualities in yourself, this role could be for you, plus it provides a generous salary whilst training.
As a trainee Bus Driver you will enter on to our enhanced 13 month paid apprenticeship training programme, which will give you the following:
- Expert tuition and mentoring to pass the modules required for your PCV driving test and Drivers CPC qualification
- Option to train for theory tests whilst you are in your current role
- Ticket machine training
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- ‘Earn while you learn’ – our licence acquisition training programme is fully paid, paying £8.93 per hour
- Work alongside an experienced colleague to support your learning and helping you to reach your full potential
Regardless of your stage in life, our comprehensive apprenticeship programme assists and supports individuals at every stage of the 13 month training programme, to ensure that you are fully equipped to take on the role of a Bus Driver. The programme will give you the opportunity to acquire the skills and knowledge to develop a great career in passenger transport.
We are looking for friendly, flexible & reliable people, who enjoy engaging with the public, and working on their own initiative as well as being part of a friendly and dedicated team. As a Bus Driver you will be required to operate the company’s network of local bus services, delivering exceptional customer service throughout our operating area – you will be the face of our business.
As a qualified Bus Driver your duties will include:
- Engaging with customers, making sure they enjoy a safe, pleasant and comfortable journey with us
- Ensuring the vehicle is driven safely at all times and to the high company standards attained during the paid training period
- Issuing tickets and collecting fares
- Working a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends
Being a part of Stagecoach Group means you will benefit from the following:
- Free travel – for you and a family member on our buses worth up to £3120 per year (based on the cost of an ‘East Midlands Megarider Connect’ which costs £30 per week for unlimited travel across the whole East Midlands network).
- Regular guaranteed income – paid weekly for convenience
- Permanent contract with four weeks annual leave per year. No 'zero hours' contracts here!
- Great pension benefits
- Future opportunities – there are often new opportunities arising if you want to explore more in the business of buses
- UK wide opportunities – a great aspect of being part of a national business is if you would like a move to another part of the UK then there is often the opportunity to do so
You just need a driving licence that has been held (and used in the UK) for at least 1 year and have no more than 3 penalty points on it.
And that’s it…we’ll help you with everything else to get your next career move on the road.
Just Apply Now – whether you’re leaving college or changing careers later in life, we’re looking forward to receiving your application.
We would also welcome applications from fully qualified bus and coach drivers.
Please note that you must weigh less than 18 stone (114kg), for health and safety reasons.
Should you require any more info before you apply please contact us at: email@example.com
In order to comply with the Stagecoach UK Bus Medical Examination Policy, all new employees will be required to obtain a fitness letter from their own GP. The fitness letter will be required at our occupational health provider no later than 8 weeks after the commencement of employment. Please note that if this letter is not received by this point, then your employment with the company may be reviewed.