Are you an experienced transport or logistics professional looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Traffic Planner for our team in Rochester.
Traffic Planner Role:
Joining our team, the Traffic Planner will coordinate the efficient and effective utilisation of the Logistics budget spend with external hauliers in accordance with customer, company and legal requirements. Duties include:
- Receive, log and process customer requests via the Logistics Database to book external haulage in a timely and cost effective manner, ensuring the correct vehicles are booked for the planned work.
- Produce daily and weekly reports on activity, failures, performance indicators and issues.
- Work with the team to ensure that all failures are fully investigated and resolved with a root cause established.
- Liaise with hauliers on a day to day basis in order to review workload.
- Liaise with all Viridor sites daily to establish readiness issues.
- Liaise with other departments, such as Finance, Tickets, Commercial etc as appropriate to ensure excellent communication is established and maintained
Our ideal Traffic Planner will have:
- Transport / Logistics experience is essential.
- Experience of using telephone conversations to communicate effectively
- Logistics / Haulage Industry Knowledge
- MS Office applications are essential especially Word and Excel
- Logistics Planning experience
In return for your hard work as our Traffic Planner, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Traffic Planner.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.