TRAFFIC DATA JOURNALIST
Have you ever wondered where the traffic news you hear on the radio or see on your sat nav comes from? INRIX team of Traffic Data Journalists supplies real-time traffic incident and congestion data to 95% of the radio stations in the UK, as well as household names in the automotive industry such as Ford and Garmin. Our international team also supplies the same data to over 200 television stations in the United States.
We have full-time opportunities available at our global data centre in Quinton, Birmingham. Successful applicants will gather data from information sources including traffic cameras, ‘jamline’ callers, the police, CCTV control rooms, highway authorities and social media and manage it using our custom-built incident mapping software.
We’re looking for candidates who can deliver quality, timely information, under pressure. No two days are the same and we work 24/7 to keep the public informed of what's happening on the UK’s roads. You'll be taking calls from all over the country, keeping an eye on hundreds of 'jam cams' and using the latest technology to help keep the roads moving.
INRIX is an internationally successful company and provides its employees with resources that are second to none. We are a close-knit team and work in a professional yet friendly environment.
Check out what we do here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXWTohfeqB4&feature=youtu.be
INRIX is pleased to offer the following non-contractual benefits:
- Annual performance-related bonus of up to 5% of your salary
- Free tea, coffee, cereal, fruit and snacks
- Employee Assistance Programme including telephone helpline and face-to-face counselling
- Overtime opportunities including the ability to request shifts from home
- Free flu jabs
- Free on-site parking when on shift
- Free eye test and contribution towards glasses if needed for DSE use
- Excellent telephone skills
- Client-focused approach
- Ability to remain calm and work quickly under pressure
- Ability to quickly interpret data from multiple sources
- Ability to prioritise tasks and handle a busy workload
- Ability to problem-solve and use judgement and initiative
- Experience using online maps and social media
Option 1: Friday and Saturday 22:00-06:00 (16 hours per week)
Option 2: Monday to Friday 15:00-19:00 (20 hours per week)
Option 3: Saturday and Sunday 13:00 – 21:00 (16 hours per week)
Option 3: Part time flexible shifts – Day/Night/Weekend hours
£8.90 per hour (day rate) / £9.80 per hour (night rate)
Please apply via the Jobvite link and include a covering letter stating your preferred hours.
THIS IS NOT A BROADCAST ROLE
Equality of opportunity is at the heart of our recruitment process. You’ll be judged on your suitability for the job and nothing else.