Covance’s work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has a positive impact on the lives of millions worldwide and there are several great opportunities for you to be a part of this life-saving work.
At our pre-clinical development site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, we have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team as a Toxicology Study Coordinator in our Safety Assessment Department.
As a Toxicology Study Coordinator, you play a vital role in ensuring the coordination of the administrative and scientific support for routine and non routine Toxicology studies. General support to the Study Directors is an essential part of this role. This is a good position for those who may want to progress into a Study Director in the future. Main duties of the role may include:
- Client liaison
- Liaison with all internal departments, external Principal Investigators and quality assurance
- Protocol and amendment generation including incorporation of client/ departmental comments
- Study set up including pre-study meetings, scheduling requests and arranging animal orders
- Distribution of protocol/amendments to client and all study personnel (internal and external)
- Address QA audits
- Support SD with administrative tasks
- Collate and check data
- Arrange and may co-host client visits and teleconferences
- Review study correspondence to ensure well informed of study events
- Effectively manage workload of assigned studies
- Able to train and mentor other staff
- Ability to see ‘the bigger picture’
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributory pension.
- Unrivalled opportunities to develop a successful career in the scientific industry.
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you will be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
- Ability to work with a variety of different clients on wide ranging projects.
- Batchelors degree or equivalent in a life science degree
- OR several years of relevant experience in Toxicology
- Knowledge of pre-clinical toxicology studies
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and communucation skills
- Experience in project management would be advantageous
- A track record for working to tight deadlines and the ability to adapt to the changes that occur daily to the work schedules
4 - 7 years experience in Toxicology or Study Coordination.