Threat Intelligence Analyst
London – N1
There is a new, exciting opportunity for a permeant, full-time Threat Intelligence Analyst in my client’s dynamic London-based Global Cyber Security Operations team. The role the mix of using technical understanding, threat frameworks and communicating to senior business partners.
In this role, you'll support all aspects of the company’s Cyber Threat Intelligence service operation and development, covering worldwide entities. You will be working in a team that collect and analyse threat information to produce actionable cyber security intelligence. You'll have an opportunity to actively shape the direction of the team, conduct independent security research and build your professional network and skills.
This team are exceptionally customer focused, acting as ambassadors for the company - promoting the business at industry level and protecting the brand by preventing and reducing the impact of cyber security incidents. This includes improvement in time to react to new threats, attacks, and potential breaches - all while being a phenomenal teammate.
The duties & responsibilities of the role:
- You’ll be responsible for the delivery of our threat intelligence task schedule while regularly delivering high-quality and insightful intelligence products to key internal business partners
- Providing analysis and dissemination of threats from a wide range of intelligence sources (open sources, hacker forums, peer exchange forums, SIEM alerts, log files) to give the company a forward-looking view of the threat
- Maintaining detailed threat profiles on adversaries of interest/relevance to the firm - covering tactics, techniques and procedures, intent, goals and strategic objectives
- Balancing incoming research requests and intelligence from other teams acting as the lead point of contact
- Assisting with technological aspects of investigations lead by corporate security, fraud, and financial crime teams
The skills & experiences required:
- Strong commercial background working in cyber threat intelligence including experience of working in a SOC environment
- Advanced knowledge of global threats to international cyber security and conversant in developing a picture of the Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) used by cyber adversaries
- Able to collect, analyse, and interpret qualitative and quantitative data from various sources including extracting indicators and exercising critical thinking in assessing the threat
- Good technical understanding of networking, internet protocols and information security
- Ability to deliver to a schedule, prioritise conflicting tasks, and service occasional time-critical requests as required
- Training and experience in deploying in intelligence analysis and assessment techniques including hypothesis development
- Additional experience of strategic cyber threat intelligence activity is advantageous
- Recognised technical security certifications and academic degrees highly desirable but not essential (Information Security MSc, CREST, SANS, Offensive Security certifications)
- Strong written and verbal briefing skills
What will you get for this role?
- A base salary of up £75,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme