FRENCH SELECTION UK
Textile Development Manager
Salary: circa £40,000 pa
Location: London, Greater London
VIEW JOB DESCRIPTION > APPLY NOW:
Please visit the French Selection UK website, vacancies section, search job reference: 758TEX
Applications submitted on our website will come to us in the correct format, which means they will be processed faster & more efficiently by our team of consultants.
A fast growing innovative & sustainable British manufacturer
To work collaboratively with the Research Associate, Sustainability & Research Manager, manufacturing suppliers and technology providers to facilitating the delivery of the project’s key objectives
- Define new product development strategy, reviewing product specifications and requirements
- Analyse new components, materials and technologies to evaluate functionality
- Prepare comprehensive project plans with technical objectives & detailed cost estimates.
- Prepare return-on-investment analyses & establish the product cost structure.
- Prepare schedule plans for effective implementation of projects.
- Prepare & obtain approval of product design and test plans
- Review design & recommend adequate changes to approved models before industrialisation process.
- Approve prototypes of new designs, conduct performance analysis of prototypes
- Ensure assemblage of products follow company’s quality parameters
- Analyse & perform quantitative assessment of design prototypes in line with regulatory and industry norms
- Define the manufacturing processes and timelines with suppliers and manufacturing partners.
- Handle queries on quality control issues should they arise.
- Ensure labelling matches product specifications and environmentally friendly packaging
- Fluent in English with additional fluency in Spanish (advantageous)
- Experience in new product development and manufacturing processes in the textile industry.
- Experience working with global and complex supply chains.
- Experience working on material performance and finishing technologies at sampling and prototyping stages.
- Experience in cellulosic and natural fibre and blend derived yarn processes and developments.
- Knowledge of circular and sustainable design models within the textile material space.
- Marketing for circular, textiles and/or materials design and broad understanding of sustainable
- Ability to collect and to analyse data related to textiles and related technology.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Suggests practical solutions to new or unique problems.
- Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups and industries.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with key stakeholders related to project activities.
Salary: circa £40,000 pa depending on experience + Benefits
French Selection UK, the leading recruitment consultancy specialising in the placement of French, German, Spanish, Italian and Russian speaking professionals and executives throughout the United Kingdom.
FRENCH SELECTION UK