The Test Technician will work closely with the engineering team, fabrication foundries, partners and collaborators to test passive and active photonics devices based on Rockley Photonics’ Silicon photonics platform.
*This list is not all inclusive. Additional duties will be assigned as needed.
- Understands SiPh and III-V test techniques (ie: LIV testing, dark current, insertion loss, coupling, wavelength sweeps) utilizing a strong technical background in semiconductor devices, opto-photonics.
- Performs system and device characterization and analysis in response to customer needs. Provides innovative solutions to common problems
- Leads determination of appropriate test metrology methods and ensures accuracy and repeatability of measurements (gauge R+R, correlation, etc)
- Defines and documents procedures. Work with Pasadena test team and customers to understand requirements, methods, and expected outcomes and implement capabilities.
- Plans and executes timely and accurate testing processes
- Summarizes and presents results; documents results in reports.
- Establishes methods for data comparison, data retention, data retention menus, etc
- First point of contact for test and metrology trouble shooting. Works on time-critical topics.
- Time is projected to be 30% production support and troubleshooting, 70% developing and implementing programs and applications. The ratio is expected to equalize over time.
- Reacts with flexibility to changes and in development and production. Sets priorities according to the situation at hand.
- Works in close collaboration with the processing, design, and packaging teams to meet product requirements based on test findings
- Manages and improves workflow
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree or higher in Engineering or Physics
- Minimum 2+ years related experience.
- Previous clean room environment work experience
- Experience in waveguide device testing and fibre-waveguide alignment.
- Experience in high speed optical modulator and photodetector testing with VNA.
- Basic computer skills and experience with MS Office is preferred.
- Companywide Values: Customers, Results, Excellence, Innovation and Teamwork
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as contribute to a team effort.
- Hand-eye coordination with meticulous attention to detail
“This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these US export laws without sponsorship for an export license.”