Element has an opportunity for a Test Technician to join our rapidly expanding team. As a member of the operations team, the Test Technician position performs a variety of routine and non-routine testing assignments within the department assigned and insures timely and accurate test results under direct supervision. The technician positions must be proficient in a number of core business skills including but not limited to compliance to established safety rules, code of conduct, and company policies and procedures.
- Prepares material specimens for testing
- Performs tests as directed by customer specifications
- At times operates under the supervision of a more senior test technician and / or a Department Manager
- Interacts periodically with customers
- Schedules internal calibration of equipment
- Gathers and records test data
- Constructs and maintains various test fixtures and other laboratory equipment to ensure proper working order with little supervision
- Possesses the ability to work alone the majority of the work day; only requiring assistance for clarification or confirmation of test procedures
- Understands what must be completed each work day and takes the initiative to complete those tasks properly and timely
- Ability to take testing projects from initial set up to completion and ready for report writing
Ability to read and understand customer specifications and perform the testing required
- Schedule customer visits for test review and customer resolutions
- Development of ability to set up and perform a variety of tests according to customer specifications under minimal supervision and technical input of a Senior / Principal Test Technician
To apply please email Leigh.McComish@element.com
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.