Job title: Test Engineer, Business Director
Group: Mindshare WW
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent. Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
We are looking for an experienced test engineer, responsible for assisting in the design, implementation, and programmatic testing of full stack C# web applications, including anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop functional code and tests for these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
- Assess the design of applications for testability
- Analyse the existing code base to identify and correct gaps in programmatic testing
- Design and implement test strategies during development and maintenance phases of projects
- Translate application storyboards, specifications and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Provide the best practices and guidelines for managing data of different levels of complexity
Key skills & knowledge:
- Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiarity with the .NET framework 4.5
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable C# libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience with Service Orientated Architecture and Web Service development such as WebAPI, WCF, Rest API, JSON etc.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as MVC, React JS, Angular JS, Node JS, JQueryetc
- Knack for writing clean, readable C# code
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Proficient understanding of test strategies and their relationship to build/test/deployment pipelines
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks such as React.
- Knowledge of Advertising / Marketing / Media business
- Experience working with teams across multiple physical locations
- Experience working with testing frameworks such as Nunit, Moq, Jest, Enzyme
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering related discipline preferred