When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Do you have?
- Proven experience in Test Automation (Cucumber.Gherkin/Specflow/Nunit)
- Proven industry experience of C# development
- Excellent team working skills
- Experience of test frameworks (eg Selenium)
- Experience of Continuous Integration/Delivery tools like TFS and Jenkins
- Good relevant degree or transferable and proven experience
Microlise have an exciting new opportunity to join the Embedded Systems team to ensure the team keep the current pace with the development of new features for Microlise telematics products. You’ll develop test cases, simulation models and test frameworks to support the release of embedded firmware for our Vehicle tracking and telematics products. This role offers great exposure to work with an experienced and highly skilled group of engineers, developing C# simulation models and test cases in a Hardware-in-the-loop environment and extending our innovative Continuous Integration test framework.
The perfect candidate will have industry experience in C#, work well in a dynamic agile environment, enjoys and works well in a collaborative team environment, who thrives while resolving problems and loves suggesting continuous improvements. This role also has the potential opportunity to travel to India to meet your colleagues at Microlise Telematics India Limited.
What do we do?
An established but growing software and telematics company based in Nottingham, Microlise’s mission is to empower our customers to reduce their costs and environmental impact by maximising the efficiency of their transportation operations. We achieve this with our great employees who continue to develop and deploy innovative, industry-leading technology solutions and services.
Who are our customers? Royal Mail. JCB, Eddie Stobart, DHL, Tata Motors, Hovis, Boots, Argos, Carlsberg and the majority of leading supermarkets and that’s only naming a few!
What does the department do?
The Embedded Systems department develops and maintains firmware solutions for Microlise telematics products, including; vehicle tracking products, digital video recorders and Bluetooth Low Energy tags. The team are involved in the full software development lifecycle from providing a valuable input into the definition and refinement of customer requirements, to the functional and acceptance testing of the product using our innovative ’hardware in the loop’ Continuous Integration test framework.
What will I be involved in?
- Daily: Stand ups, C# development, Unit Testing, test case development, Submitting Pull Requests, Code Reviews, Fixing Bugs, Paying down Technical Debt, Monitoring, Project work and Design work.
- Fortnightly: Sprint Planning, Sprint Retrospectives and Demonstrations.
- Design test plans for Microlise's embedded vehicle tracking products.
- Develop simulation models in C# (for Hardware-in-the-Loop testing).
- To gain final acceptance of firmware for general release. Including reviewing results of manual & automated tests.
- Design & manage the development of automated functional tests.
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques.
What’s the team structure?
The team comprises of embedded software engineers and automation test developers, from recent graduated to highly experienced professionals. Career development opportunities are available to all employees and we offer full training, support and mentoring from senior members of the team.
What technologies will I use?
In this role you will stay abreast of new technologies and methodologies to develop your skills with a company that you can grow with. You will get involved with tools and technologies such as C#,.NET Core, Gherkin, TFS, Nuget, Specflow, NUnit, automotive CAN networks, GSM/GPRS, GPS, UDP/TCP, and embedded hardware.
- We believe in our culture, values and staff successes
- We believe in developing our staff and support our employees with their professional development goals.
- 24 days holiday excluding bank holidays, increasing by 1 a year to 29 days
- Recognition of service from your 1st year and other anniversaries
- Free parking, tea, coffee and daily fruit
- Vitality Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme and subsidised eye tests and glasses
- 20% off EE mobile and line rental
- Local discounts including Raleigh
- Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards!
- Free tickets to the British Superbikes, come and support Microlise Cresswell racing and the team!
We’re doing great things, come and be part of our success!
- 2018 – East Midlands Chamber of Commerce Business of the year and Excellence in International Trade, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, Top 20 in the BDO growth barometer – Nottinghamshire, and an IIP employer
- 2017 - Top 200 company in Nottingham, top 50 in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 league table, Sunday Times top 100 Profit Track, Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year finals,
- Megabuyte Top 50 2016
Interested in the role? Great, we look forward to your application!
Just to let you know, telephone interviews will take place while the advert is still live, face to face interviews will take place on 01/03/2019
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK (sponsorship outside of the UK is not available for this position).
Microlise roles are not open to recruitment agencies, please do not contact us about vacancies or send speculative CV’s as they won’t be accepted.
depending on experience