What’s the team like?
We are using technology and innovation to make the process of owning and investing in property simple and straightforward. To date - we have loaned £1 billion, but we have set the bar much higher.
As we continue to grow we are a looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our growing engineering team. We hire people who are passionate about solving real-world problems in an exciting, dynamic, collaborative and fun environment.
This role sits across our delivery teams ensuring we release quality features and changes for our clients. The ideal candidate will have experience in QA/Testing and be skilled in automated testing design and implementation. You must be able to work successfully across Test, Development, Deployment, and Support. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and updating automated suites, and will be expected to contribute to the overall test strategy, execution, and QA procedures.
We hire people who are passionate about solving real-world problems in an exciting, dynamic, collaborative and fun environment.
Check out our awesome engineering careers page to find out what it's really like at LendInvest: https://www.lendinvest.com/careers/meet-the-teams/engineering/
What’s my day to day going to be like?
- Take part in daily stand ups
- Go through project boards to evaluate the work to be done
- Pick up tickets for test execution
- Analyse requirements/features to test
- Execute testing on multiple projects/products
- Discuss test requirements with product, UX and development teams
- Manage test environment and test data
- Execute automated test suite
- Evaluate where and how to increase/improve automation suite coverage
- Develop/Program automated test suites
- Assist product teams with Acceptance tasks
- Take part in features design/requirements discussions
- Help product and development teams define and structure features’ scope and its tasks
- Discuss and improve QA procedures/strategies with all parts
What we need you to have?
- Deep experience designing and executing automated, end-to-end integration tests in API-driven applications;
- Programming/scripting test automation suites (preferably using OOP languages like Java);
- Experience writing comprehensive software test plans;
- Ability to learn and understand new features, and work with business analysts and product folks to understand new requirements;
- Possess a high degree of self-motivation, integrity, and commitment;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience within an agile environment;
- Comfortable switching between multiple project contexts;
It would be great if you have:
- Experience with performance testing is welcomed
What you’ll get in return
- Always be learning. We won’t ever expect you to do the same thing over and over. We want to give you new opportunities to become the best engineer you can be.
- Make a measurable difference. We’re here to change the way the world deals with property by making it accessible for all.
- A open-plan working environment
- Private Healthcare (Vitality)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Matched pension contributions up to 4%
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Enhance maternity/paternity pay
- Subsidised gym membership via PerkBox
- Various other discounts/benefits via PerkBox
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Cooked lunch on Friday's from a local restaurant
- A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available each day
- A MacBook or similar and everything else you need to do your job and a great team all working towards a common goal.
What we are About
LendInvest (www.lendinvest.com) is the UK’s leading online platform for property finance and investing. Since launching in 2008, LendInvest has lent over £1.5 billion ($1.9 billion) to help buy, build or renovate over 5,000 homes across the UK.
LendInvest uses technology to provide borrowers with short-term bridging finance, development finance and Buy-To-Let; and investors that include retail investors (in our London Stock Exchange listed bond), investors on our Online Investment Platform and some of the world’s largest financial institutions, with stable income secured against property.
LendInvest is still majority owned by the founders and staff of the business, but has also raised equity from the same investors that founded Skype, and early investors in financial technology businesses like Klarna, Stripe and SoFi.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and value inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
LendInvest collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). See the privacy notice for further details.