IRIS has an amazing opportunity for an energetic and talented Bid Managerto join its proactive Commercial Enablement team.
This role primarily is being recruited to support the growth of its bid function and drive the execution of key formal bids. It’s a key role for IRIS, managing all aspects of the tender and bid process, from liaising with clients via formal channels to managing the life of the tender response and beyond.
As a Bid Manager you will work as part of a small team, driving best practice and quality in formal bid responses as well as leading the process to manage large bids within IRIS. Some of our highest value and most significant opportunities will be in your hands, it’s a great opportunity to drive excellence and make your mark in a brilliant and growing leading Software business.
What will you be doing?
As a Bid Manager, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Reviewing notices and publications to identify opportunities
- Registering for opportunities and initiating bid methodologies within IRIS
- Leading and coordinating bid responses across the organisation
- Formatting and presenting the final bid to reflect the level of quality IRIS customers demand and expect from its market leading position
- Coordinating input to formal bid documents including allocating resourcing and managing responses
- Ensuring each bid has a formal win theme which is reflected across the business
- Driving internal approval schedules including commercial gates and formal sign off
- Training internal members of staff in Bid best practice when required
- Liaising with clients and prospects to ensure Bids get submitted on time and with all the correct information
- Managing portal communications and clarification schedules
- Organising internal deal review meetings and managing actions and outcomes from these
- Building an internal library in our new state of the art Sales enablement solution to aid efficiency of completing bid responses
- Working with agencies around the organisation to gain input to key bids.
What skills and experience do you need to have?
We're looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Bid Management experience within the software industry
- Willingness to learn about formal bids and frameworks
- Good basic written and communication skills
- Excellent use of English language
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage people to work towards deadlines
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Really strong eye for details
- Ability to multitask and prioritise under pressure
- Self-motivated to deliver a quality service both internally and externally
- Adaptable to work independentlyor part of a team
- Ability to use key desktop packages such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to good standards.
This position will also suit someone with the following competencies:
- Self-motivated and friendly
- Problem solving skills/commercial acumen
- Clear and concise communication skills - verbal and written
- A team player
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Highly attentive to detail
Who are we?
IRIS Software Group is one of the UK’s largest privately held software companies. Acquired by HG Capital in 2018, its purpose is to be the most trusted provider of mission-critical software and services, ensuring customers get it right first time, every time.
IRIS takes the pain out of processes and let professionals working in businesses and schools focus on the work they love. Its software solutions and services for finance, HR and payroll teams, educational organisations, and accountancy firms helps comply with regulations, drive productivity and better engage with key stakeholders. Through simplifying, automating and providing insights on everyday mission-critical tasks for organisations of all shapes and sizes, IRIS ensures customers can look forward with certainty and confidence.
IRIS has over 120,000 UK and international customers with 80% having a tenure of five or more years. IRIS is the largest third-party online filer with the UK Government. Ninety-one of the top 100 UK accountancy firms and 50 of the top 100 US CPA firms use IRIS software. Circa 20% of the UK’s workforce is paid by IRIS payroll offerings. More than 850,000 UK employees are managed by IRIS HR solutions. Over 11,000 UK schools and academies use IRIS, with four million parents and guardians using IRIS apps to connect with their children’s school; 300 million messages are delivered between schools and parents each year, and over £15 million transactional payments are processed every month. IRIS is placed in the Grant Thornton Sunday Times Top Track 250 and the Megabuyte50.
IRIS is backed by Hg, Europe’s leading software investor and is committed to helping build IRIS as an ambitious business. It’s support includes a dedicated operations innovation team which provides practical support to management teams to help them realise their growth ambitions.
To see how IRIS helps organisations get things right first time, every time, visit www.iris.co.uk or follow IRIS Software Group on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Why you should apply...
At IRIS, we believe in creating a culture of engagement and reward to develop employee potential and offer long-term career success. To help with that, we offer the following:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 26 days holiday allowance
- Private medical healthcare
- Life assurance
- Additional benefits, such as Bike to Work and discount schemes.