Yorkshire and North East UK
Our company is MMX Communications Services Limited, we specialise in the design, build, and support of mission critical fixed/mobile telecommunications networks within the telecommunications, utilities, petrochemical, transport, and government technology sectors. We are market leaders in the design and delivery of integrated value-adding logistics and service solutions for some of the most demanding, blue-chip telecoms companies. Our business is founded on strong project management and engineering skills, enabling us to address projects ranging from simple supply of installation services through to turnkey provision of multi-million pound integrated systems.
MMX are seeking to recruit a highly experienced Field Operations Engineer to provide the on-site technical interface between MMX Communications Services and our customers, devise solutions and recommendation, Survey, Installation, and Commissioning tasks completing them within set project timescales and budget, restore customer services to operational level within SLA carry out all work to defined quality standards. This role may require the successful candidate to participate on a 24/7 365 day on call rota.
To succeed in this role, the applicant should be highly experienced field engineer with experience of working within SLA and restoring customer services to operational levels in line with customer expectations.
Ultimately, the Field Operations Engineers’ dutiy is to ensure that all scopes of work and projects are completed on time and the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following essential requirements:
- To provide the on-site technical interface between MMX Communications Services and its customers.
- Carry out Radio link Installation and Commissioning activities when required, following and maintaining the correct documentation.
- Maintain our customer network and if required to participating in 24 x 7 x 365 on call rota system.
- Respond to requests for service within SLA or company targets, restoring the customer’s services to operational level as required by the contract.
- Ensure that all tasks and faults reported on the Field Management System (Autotask) are accurate at all times.
- Work within the Legislative and Company’s Environmental, Quality and Health and Safety policies and comply with all customer and company quality, environmental and HSE requirements.
- Exceed contractual obligations of a variety of service contracts.
- The successful Field Operations Engineer will participate in the Field Operations On-call rota. Field Engineers must be flexible and have previous experience of working in a telecommunications field role, be able to work to deadlines and demonstrate excellent attention to detail and a high quality focus working on site and with Field reporting and documentation.
- All MMX Field Operations will be required to work from a home-based location ideally based in Yorkshire or North East of England or any location as directed by the Company including working from the Head Office as required and will be required to travel extensively as required to meet business needs.
- It is essential that the application holds and retain full MOD SC and Police Clearance to attend restricted sites. We require our Field Engineers to maintain a critical awareness of development in technology and the telecommunications market industry and have excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including high level reporting skills (verbally and written)
- In addition, the successful Field Operations Engineer will hold at least 3 years telecommunications working in the field in installation, service and/or support environment, ideally hold a qualification in in Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering, be experienced in Level 1 & 2 Fault identification on telecommunication and detailed experience of networks along with knowledge of antenna, RF cable, wave guide and ethernet installation, basic Network and IP Principles and Installation & operational understanding of WDM, DWDM & Fibre optic principles.
Only candidates with the following essential requirements will be considered:
- HNC in Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent.
- Extensive Microwave Radio fundamentals and principles (Microwave radio, PDH, SDH)
- Previous experience in a Field operation role
- Flexible and adaptive attitude, considerable working outside of normal working hours 24/7/365
- Advanced Tower Climber, Rooftop working and general working at heights experience.
- Track record of compliance with company safety policy, and working safely
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Customer focussed
- Hold and retain MOD SC and Police Clearance
- Full clean driving licence
- The following requirements would be a distinct advantage :
- Technical project support experience
- AP/SAP Certification
- Relevant educational qualifications or apprenticeship
- Map and compass skills
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES