Posting Date: Jan 17, 2020
Primary Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-Glasgow
Job: Risk Management
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses’ and to our own.
With offices across the globe, including NY, London, Hong Kong and Glasgow, the Enterprise Technology Risk (ETR) Function is responsible for risk coverage in the infrastructure, and technology risk and technology COO organisations.
The technical environment which is overseen by the ETR Risk Management function covers the technology stack upon which the rest of the Technology depends and includes operating systems (Windows and Unix), database management systems, storage and backups, web technologies, voice and data networks as well as the data centre and mainframe environments.
Additionally the ETR Risk Management function supports the Technology Risk and Technology Transformation & COO divisions, which are responsible for key processes within the Technology organisation including access management, cybersecurity, governance, business management, and centres of excellence supporting Agile, Data, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Innovation and Cloud Computing.
The role is global in nature with colleagues and key stakeholders based in locations across the world. The successful candidate will build relationships across different regions and time zones to deliver the ETR program of work.
This Glasgow based full time employee role sits within the ETR risk team which is accountable for the identification, assessment, mitigation and/or acceptance of risks and policy compliance.
This is a dynamic role giving the opportunity to work across the whole landscape of technology risk management. The successful candidate will be accountable to the Technology Transformation & COO (TTC) Senior Risk Officer.
- Coordination with fellow Risk Officers to facilitate timely execution on the risk agenda.
- Reporting: Creation of ad hoc and standardised reporting.
- Assist Senior Risk Officers (SROs) with monthly collation of data for Divisional Risk Committees, Technology Risk Committee and regional committees as required.
- General: Working collaboratively with Risk Management function and key stakeholders
- Participate and contribute in risk officer forums.
- Work with other stakeholder teams across the firm
- Engagement with Firm wide risk and control groups as appropriate to support Firm wide and Technology risk agenda. Including first and second line of defence risk functions
- Point of contact for questions concerning risk for ETR from employees and risk stakeholders.
- Monitoring the appropriateness & completeness of key risk and control data within division via Firm systems covering risks, issues and actions, asset inventory and entitlements management, amongst others.
- Work with Technology Risk in managing regulatory exam requests affecting the Division.
- Assist SROs in monitoring Divisional compliance to Global Technology Policy Standards
- Develop and maintain processes to enable ETR to maintain hygiene of risk items and issues.
- Liaise with Assessment, Entitlements, Reporting and Audit teams in delivery of program of firm and regulatory mandated programs.
- Experience of technology controls programs and risk domains, e.g. Entitlements, Change Management, Technology Assessments etc.
- Project Management experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project). Advanced skill in data manipulation or automation using Excel functionality.
- Ability to switch context quickly and work on multiple streams of work concurrently.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with individuals at all levels of the organisation and leverage this to achieve work-related objectives
- Experience of risk management in technology environments.
- Experience of working in an Investment Banking environment.
- Experience of auditing within a technical environment.
- Understanding of Operational Risk and associated regulations (e.g. Basel, SOX), and the associated application to a technology division within Financial Services.
Education and qualifications
- Educated to degree level.
- Have industry recognised risk related qualifications (e.g. CRISC, CISM, CISSP) (desired).
- ITIL certified (desired).
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-FM1
|Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our LinkedIn page and Youtube channel.|
|Build a career with impact. Apply today.|