Critical Mass is a creative company at heart that uses technology to deliver exceptional experiences to our clients. As a people-centric team, we understand the need for personal development and have a budget and process specifically to help you become who you want to be. Our employees are the heart of our business, and we strive to develop and invest in them to enable their growth.
Critical Mass is currently looking for a Backend Technology Lead to join our growing team working with a large automotive brand, working to deliver and maintain a comprehensive marketing platform now served in over 22 countries worldwide, with a team located worldwide. We are using class-leading technology to deliver a highly scalable and user-focused application.
The role requires the ability to both solutionise and architect new functionality and collaborate in a cross-discipline capacity to ensure delivery. It also requires good communication skills to ensure our team located worldwide is running as efficiently and to spec as possible.
- Collaborate with the Technical Leads, Build Engineers, Technology Directors, Project Managers, Creative Leads and Account Leads to design, develop and deliver digital marketing projects within the platform that includes Adobe Experience Manager, GraphQL, RESTful web services, React Web applications
- Lead, mentor and coordinate the backend developers’ team, ensuring that development standards and best practices followed for AEM and RESTful web services.
- Develop code in keeping with established processes and standards
- Estimated tasks split roughly 50% / 50% between coding and non-coding activities
- Lead the development of the systems architecture and development of project code
- Provide project estimates
- Ensure successful involvement of Project Management, Quality Assurance and Release Engineering team members
- Experience with Java/J2EE applications
- Experience delivering projects within a CMS platform, preferably with Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience with Cloud Computing Platforms, preferably with AWS
- Creative problem solver and troubleshooter
- Experience integrating external services into marketing platforms
- Experience leading development teams and projects
You May Have:
- Experience developing Jenkins CI Pipeline (Python scripts)
- Knowledge of UNIX shell scripting and networking
- Experience with Vagrant, Chef, CloudFormation
- Experience utilising and integrating with 3rd party APIs (e.g. Twitter, YouTube, Google Maps)
- Experience with QA Automation, Integration Testing
Source : Critical Mass Inc