Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently recruiting for a Technologist to join our team of experts in Analytical Services. This is a lab based position performing a wide range of analytical methods including HPLC, electrophoresis, spectrophotometry and general characteristic analysis for assessing the stability of therapeutic proteins.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a professional with passion for science to become an expert in the field of therapeutic proteins and gain expert knowledge of industry wide range methods such as HPLC, SDS Page, icIEF and ELISA.
· Perform experimental work to assess the stability of therapeutic proteins
· Ensure all work is carried out in a safe and compliant manner
· Plan and complete assigned tasks within the required timeframe
· Liaise with operators and study directors to close out technical review of assays
· Interpret data against specifications and identify trends within data
· Communicate progress and escalate challenges to Line manager and/or scientific lead
· Work collaboratively in a team to ensure business, regulatory and customer needs are met
· BSc in Biology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology
· Previous experience working in laboratory and demonstrated experience of working in a contract research environment
· Familiar with a range of analytical methods such as HPLC
· Desire to learn and willing to impart knowledge
· Self-motivated and keen to learn
· Previous experience in similar role will be beneficial
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.