With expertise spanning the Commercial and Defence sectors, Teledyne e2v pioneers industry-leading innovation and technology around the world. We provide standard and custom RF and Semiconductor solutions that meet our customers’ exacting performance needs and specification requirements. Our unique approach to the market and our genuine understanding of the application challenges that can occur – from initial concept right through to manufacture – enable us to help our customers optimize their system’s performance, reliability and cost of ownership
The successful candidate will be part of a team who engage in producing, modifying and upgrading new and legacy production equipment, jigs and prototypes used for the manufacture of RF products.
The successful applicants responsibilities would include:
- Organisation and prioritisation of own workload.
- Use good health and safety practices at all times.
- Support the equipment maintenance and calibration teams.
- Assist with apprentice training.
- Producing electrical control circuits for new equipment and upgrading existing.
- Mechanical fabrication of components for new equipment and upgrading existing.
- Assist the team leader with day to day running and maintenance of the work shop.
- Provide progress updates to the team leader.
Skill, experience or qualifications that will be essential:
- Technical/engineering/craftsperson apprenticeship.
- Wring of electrical control circuits.
- Good communication skills
- Good health, safety and housekeeping practices.
- Ability to work from detailed technical drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to work within deadlines and budgets
- Electrical fault finding.
Skill, experience and qualifications that are desirable:
- Previous experience of working in a maintenance environment.
- Basic pipefitting and pneumatics knowledge.
- Sheet metal fabrication techniques.
- Welding ( MIG, TIG and arc).
- Knowledge and/or training in PLC programming (Mitsubishi).
- Use of AutoCad.
- Competent I.T. skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
- High attention to detail and quality.
- Takes a proactive approach to new working practices and techniques.
- Has energy, confidence and builds effective relationships.
- Boundary less approach and prepared to challenge the norm.
- Customer focussed.
- Takes ownership of tasks and responsibilities.
- Keen to learn new skills and techniques from fellow team members.