Technical Training Specialist-BEC015700
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or at www.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Purpose: To work with the Beckman Coulter Diagnostics technical training team to develop, coordinate, and deliver industry leading training to end users and support personnel. The position reports to the Manager, Technical Training.
- International and domestic travel is required, approximately 10%.
- Delivers technical training programs and support materials for chemistry, immunoassay and automation to customers.
- Utilize principles of instructional design in course development projects.
- Apply different adult learning styles and modalities to classroom instruction.
- Training delivery methods via:
Instructor Led Training at the Brea Training CenterTravel to the customer’s locatione-LearningWebinars
- Compliance with all safety, quality and regulatory requirements such as: ISO, GMP and FDA. Deliver training to internal employees and customers for set up, operation, calibration, quality control, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to utilize DBS for ongoing process improvement. Solicit feedback from participants to be used as part of DBS’ Continuous Process Improvement. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Course Curriculum Development
- Use development content tools (Articulate, Camtasia, Storyline) to create effective and engaging e-learning.
- Design and develop training materials including storyboards, job aids, participant and instructor guides. All materials will be based on content and specifications provided by subject matter experts.
- Recommend appropriate and innovative solutions and complete the design and development of all web-based, virtual, on-the-job and classroom materials. Build a plan into each learning project for evaluating the successful achievement of training outcomes
- Provide thought leadership around evaluation of course effectiveness.
- Work with service management to standardize global training content delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in field with 2+ years exp. OR
- Master’s degree in field with 0-2 years exp.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written)
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science or Bachelor of Science in biomedical Engineering or equivalent plus 2 years of experience. Two-year degree with experience will be considered.
- Clinical laboratory experience a huge plus.
- Technical aptitude to comprehend technical product training content.
- Strong MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated track record of strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability in and commitment to continuous process improvement
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.