Technical Support Specialist-MAM000710
At Mammotome, we are committed to providing best-in-class technology to help clinicians accurately diagnose breast cancer. We provide clinicians devices spanning the breast cancer diagnostic care continuum from tissue biopsy to accurate lesion removal, never forgetting that at the heart of each breast cancer diagnosis is the patient. Through our ever-expanding product portfolio we strive every day to improve the patient’s journey and achieve better outcomes. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Mammotome brand is sold in over 50 different countries throughout the world.
The Technical Support Specialist provides prompt and effective clinical and technical support for the Mammotome medical device product lines over the phone and email. This position is responsible for assessing the nature of product issues and resolving technical support problems, while maintaining the necessary records of product issues and conveying customer feedback to cross-functional groups (QRA, Sales, Engineering).
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting and resolution by way of inbound and outbound telephone service, email, and on very limited occasions in person to customers, sales representatives, customer service reps.
- Ensures proficiency in the safe and effective use of devices in procedures and can apply core product knowledge to those procedures for appropriate courses of action.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complaints reported by customers on products.
- Provides on-call support as needed for surgeries, reprogramming, troubleshooting, follow-up, etc.
- Assists customer on efficient and effective use of product per the specific product IFU. Develops and maintains key business relationships to ensure proactive notification and training of associates regarding product, procedure and field activities associated with assigned product line responsibilities.
- Applies critical decision making in assessing customer’s requirements for successful resolution of their issue on first contact.
- Accurately assesses the type of support (i.e., phone, email, printed, escalation, field dispatch, or combination) required and provides customer support in the most expeditious manner possible.
- Appropriately escalates customer issues to the correct next level of support, facilitating all communication and data system handoffs.
- Manages customer account information, including contact updates, warranty, repair, and other service requests
- Provides technical documentation to support capital sales/tender requests.
Quality System Knowledge:
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation of complaint input and resolution.
- Understands and adheres to regulatory and compliance procedures.
- Ensures effective and accurate product complaint data is procured, documented, routed, resolved and appropriately filed.
- Analyzes, assesses and recommends improvements of the complaint management process.
- Partners with internal departments to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, federal and state medical device regulations
Effective Questioning and Listening:
- Effectively questions customers, to capture accurate product and event information.
- Demonstrates understanding and responds appropriately to verbal communications.
- Effectively assesses periods of peak call volume and re-prioritize own non-contact activity to assure maximum call handling and customer loyalty.
- Manages work and time to produce desired outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to apply core clinical knowledge to technical product troubleshooting and customer complaint processes.
- Knowledge of Medical Device Regulations.
- Ability to gain followership and drive results
- Excellent facilitation skills. Ability to hold individuals attention, create excitement and hold all team members responsible for outcomes.
- Positive attitude and ability to work closely with entire leadership team to drive change, continuous improvement, and engagement throughout the organization
- The capacity to plan, organize, & complete projects on time. Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Ability to lead teams and drive change in a matrix organization
- Action oriented individual who is highly proactive at solving problems and obtaining results.
- True love of continuous improvement, measuring results and problem solving.
- Team player who can work well across a global organization
- Willingness to learn the complexities of working in a Diagnostic industry where compliance to regulation is a must.
- Clinical experience in nursing, radiology or biomedical engineering or experience in medical device technical support
- Progressive experience in a healthcare environment, medical contact center and/or experience handling customer or patient service issues within a medical environment.
- Potential to develop first-hand knowledge of Company products
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Demonstrated ability to learn and master use of ERP and Quality related systems. Able and willing to learn and apply other software packages as needed
- BS/BA degree in a technical or healthcare focus preferred.
- 15% travel may be required
- Typical work-related travel assignments range 1-3 days, and as such overnight, out-of-town stays are required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.