Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Location: Central London (Fleet Street)
Salary: £23,000 - £27,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (Monday - Friday)
The Company provides all the IT services of a dedicated IT department. They work either onsite or remotely. Company's IT consultants bring added value to their clients' business demands by providing industry-specific advice and insights.
The Company helps their clients with tailored, cost effective IT services that address specific network, server, workstation, security or software needs.
They are looking for a technical support engineer to join their team. You will be working in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You must have a solid base knowledge of IT systems and Networking preferably with 2yrs experience in the industry.
You will find yourself involved in a wide range of technical support issues and you must have the ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with problems and technical issues in a pressurised environment. Although you will be part of a team you will be tested to work alone on problem solving and troubleshooting higher level incidents.
- PC repair / configuration and systems knowledge
- The ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Logical, methodical approach with the ability to enter data accurately into a reporting system
- Customer Care skills (for internal and external customer contact)
- The ability to work accurately under pressure
- Helpdesk and incident management
- Providing onsite and remote support
- Daily system checks and reporting
- PDQ Machines
- Till Systems
- Printer support
- Firewall configuration
- Server configuration
- ADSL, FTTC and Fibre installations
- Must be living in the UK and eligible to work
- 1 - 2 years' experience in the IT industry
- Fluent in English
- Please do not apply if you do have meet the above requirement
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- Windows Server 2003 and above (Including SBS)
- PC repair and systems knowledge
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 and above
- Microsoft O365 MS Office software packages
- Active Directory
- Terminal Servers
- Desktop Support for Windows and Mac
- OS Printers Mobile devices (iPad, tablets & phones)
- Experienced in using backup software
- Centralised Anti-Virus software
- Good knowledge of Networking and networking protocols including TCP/IP
- Experience and good knowledge of networking - using switches, routers, Wi-Fi devices, network cabling and infrastructure
The Successful Candidate will have /be:
- The general IT aptitude to learn
- Confident when speaking to the public
- Able to treat information with the strictest confidence
- The mind-set required to keep administrative task both up to date and up to the standard required by company policy
- Able to work as a team with a variety of different people
Please note: due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position and so candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please note: Candidates will ONLY be considered if you fulfil the Essential requirements listed.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Support Technician, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role.
£23,000.00 - £27,000.00 per year