Our client, an IT solutions company based in Basingstoke, are looking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer to provide in depth, high-level technical support to customers. The TSE maintains systems-level expertise and root cause-level troubleshooting while resolving advanced technical issues for our customers. TSEs work with fellow team members, service consultants, sales operations and other company resources to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
TSEs are responsible for the identification of software defects and the reporting of such to engineering while providing interim solutions and workarounds when necessary. This position works with other internal resources to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely fashion. TSEs follow technical support industry standard best practices, concepts, and procedures. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to the Technical Support Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER:
* Responds to incoming technical support email and telephone calls.
* Logs software defects in the defect tracking tool.
* Creates cases and logs in the issue management system.
* Maintains and works on open cases while focusing on root cause analysis and trouble shooting.
* Performs software implementation, installation and upgrades to customers.
* Updates and maintains reports for customers and key internal contacts.
* Provides backup support to other TSE team members.
* Works directly with engineering support to assure resolution of P1 issues.
* Provides and participate in technical training and knowledge transfer for new or complex products.
* As directed, performs special projects.
* Writes knowledge base articles.
* Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER:
* Excellent customer relationship and advocacy skills. Demonstrated history preferred
* MS SQL experience / knowledge required
* Solid general networking experience (LAN, WAN etc.)
* Solid understanding of PC and server architecture and inter-connectivity
* Programming experience / knowledge (Java Script, HTML) helpful
* LDAP & Active Directory experience / knowledge desirable
* Oracle experience / knowledge desirable
* Superior Trouble shooting skills
* Experience with Enterprise networks (servers, topology, connectivity etc.)
* Attention to detail
* Solid writing and communication skills
* ITIL Certification preferred
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER:
* Four-year technical degree or equivalent experience is required
* Experience with providing customer centered technical support.
£25,000.00 - £35,000.00 per year