Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to capitalize on the company’s momentum. The ServiceNow enterprise IT Service Management platform combines ITIL process support and SaaS delivery to provide a flexible, intuitive and self-managing application in the cloud.
What you get to do in this role:
- Providing support to users/administrators of our platform. Supporting and contributing to the growth of best practices for delivery of support services
- Understanding our platform, Cloud technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of challenging technical situations
- Acting as a customer advocate, prioritizing and managing assigned incidents and escalations in queue with little or no supervision
- Engaging with the cross functional teams like operations and engineering to build, drive and improve tools and processes for quicker issue resolution
- This includes being the last point of escalation within the customer support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies
Qualification & Experience
- Must have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field experience
- 5+ years providing customer facing technical support (Web based products or e-commerce preferred)
- Candidates will lesser experience will be considered for appropriate roles
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot the most difficult technical issues
- Ability in server administration across OS platforms (Windows/Unix). Including understanding of user permission levels, domain configuration, group policy objects and execution of SUDO Policies
- Remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, PowerShell
- Exposure to network monitoring connectors such as SCOM, Solarwinds etc.
- Understanding of SNMP traps and MIBs/OIDs
- Ability to understand and modify XML, JSON, Regular Expressions (RegEx)
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, VMWare, Amazon EC2 including appropriate template types (ARM templates, CFT)
- Understanding of protocols such as HTTP, TCP, FTP/SFTP, SOAP and REST
- Experience with troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark, Traceroute
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming skills (Java strongly preferred)
- Good understanding of database concepts.
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, CMDB and ITIL business process
- Strong troubleshooting/root cause isolation skills
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Must be proficient with analyzing log files and standard debugging concept
- Experience providing web development support is highly desirable
- Familiarity with tools & practices of the trade such as incident management, knowledgebase, defect & escalation management
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Preferred Skills (Great to have)
- Previous experience working with the ServiceNow platform (Asset Management, Orchestration, Discovery, Mid Server, BSM Map & Service Mapping)
- Familiarity with Eclipse IDE
- Previous experience in software development(or) software consulting
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting e-commerce applications with catalog, shopping cart, merchandising and payment handling is highly desirable
- Experience providing SaaS support is desirable
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.