At Carbonite we are looking for someone who thinks fast, works well under pressure, and takes accountability. We want someone who is not merely interested in a job, but rather is passionate about their profession. We are seeking a self-motivated, driven Technical Support Engineer, Level 2 who “gets it done, whatever it takes,” and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. You are driven by a desire to deliver the highest levels of satisfaction and value to internal and external customers. Above all you are thoroughly professional and ethical in everything you do.
As Technical Support Engineer, Level 2 you will use phone or email to provide software technical support to customers and/or partners using Carbonite Double-Take products. You will provide front line support on questions ranging from basic to complex. The issues are recorded electronically in the Call Tracking database for call history and statistical reference. To be successful in this role you must possess a thorough knowledge of our products as well as other applications typically used by customers.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Internalize Carbonite’s culture and values. This is a key to future success.
- Receive telephone calls and emails from customers and/or partners concerning technical issues. Open service requests for each customer call and update SRs in call tracking system on a consistent basis (daily or weekly – depending on the severity level).
- Take ownership of customer inquiries by resolving moderate to complex issues. Proactively investigate issues with the customer using her/his knowledge. Make whatever effort required to get to the bottom of the problem. Follow up consistently with customers as promised/agreed upon. Follow through on all commitments.
- Go as far as possible to investigate and gather appropriate information, and if necessary, escalate internally. Responsible for understanding the severity of the issue in order to escalate issues and /or gather the necessary information to resolve the issue through the internal escalation paths in a timely manner. Will provide escalation assistance.
- Keep customers informed of how and when problems are resolved within the severity levels timeframe. Provides the customer all the steps taken to resolve the incident.
- Act as the primary contact for specific accounts.
- Compose FAQ’s, document solutions, and knowledgebase items. Review knowledgebase documentation prior to publication.
- Occasional travel is required for on-site customer assistance, certification, and/or educational seminars.
- Sign on to the phone system (ACD) during assigned online hours, adhere to assigned online hours to answer incoming customer calls.
- Customer Care department provides 24-hour customer support, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Must be available and participate in On-Call rotation “after hours” during the week and weekends.
- Serve as the initial point of contact regarding product quality issues; document product quality issues reported by the customer and/or partner, and refer quality issues to the appropriate departments to increase product quality.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that you must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standard office environment. Some stress may occur with tight deadlines and long hours.
- Standard physical activity such as standing, walking, sitting, basic motor skills to access computer files for information, data entry or document creation.
- While performing the duties of this job, you are frequently required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally required to stand and walk.
- You are frequently required to talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Physical requirements associated with working for long time periods in front of a computer workstation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
- BS or BA degree in a computer related field preferred. Equivalent work experience can
- 5 years experience supporting Microsoft networks
- French, German, or Spanish language required.
- Must possess highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work with a wide variety of customers. Must be able to work with difficult customers and situations while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor when working with difficult or challenging customers. Heavy telephone usage.
- Previous experience as a Systems Engineer or a System Administrator.
- Experience with design, configuration and implementation of Microsoft and/or Linux based servers.
- Solid knowledge of WAN and Network protocols (WINS, DNS, DHCP, TCP).
- Extensive experience supporting an Enterprise environment with at least 20 servers preferred.
- Experience supporting Exchange (5.5 through 2007 preferred) and SQL Server (2000 -2005 preferred).
- Knowledge of Storage area networks preferred.
- Ability to analyze technical problems without visual contact with machine, have excellent learning skills.
- Ability to utilize available resources to the fullest; must have excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrable experience multi-tasking, organizing and managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals.
- Articulate at responding both orally and in writing to common inquiries or complaints from customers and partners.
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Company collects, processes, and stores Personal Data regarding prospective employees for the purposes detailed below in connection with its human resources activities. The Personal Data we hold and process will be used for management and administrative use. The Company will keep and use the information to enable it to run the business and manage its relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately during the recruitment process. This includes using information to enable the Company to comply with any legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of the Company and protect the Company’s legal position in the event of legal proceedings. Further information on why we process your Personal Data is set out below. If you do not provide this data, the Company may be unable in some circumstances to comply with its obligations and will tell you about the implications of that decision.
For recruiting purposes, the Company processes Personal Data of applicants such as name; contact information, education, language(s) and special job-related competencies; certification information; employment history; work experience; background check information to the extent that such checks are possible under applicable law; and criminal convictions and offenses, in so far as this information is relevant for the specific position, to fulfil its legitimate interest in hiring the most qualified applicants. The processing of criminal records data in connection with the Company’s recruitment and human resources activities will be carried out only under the control of official authority or when authorized by EU or EU Member State law. The Company may collect recruitment-related Personal Data from third parties such as recruiters, government authorities, former employers and references you provide. The Company may also collect Personal Data from publicly accessible sources such as public and job-related social media profiles. #LI-POST