Technical Support Engineer
Location - Daresbury, UK (WA4)
Looking for more than just a job? We like developing our people just as much as we like developing great products.
Ivanti is a global leader in IT systems and security management, service management, asset management, and mobility management solutions - helping organizations reduce risks and costs associated with managing their IT environment.
The company has received numerous awards for being a Top Place to Work, as well as many accolades for the products it develops.
If you’re passionate about what you do, are a champion of customer satisfaction and success, and interested in developing solutions that make a difference and in having fun while doing it, Ivanti is the place for you!
We are currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer for an established team supporting Ivanti Security and UWM products in Daresbury. The Technical Support Engineer will provide technical support to our customers, partners and internal staff and provide a consistently excellent standard of customer assistance and service.
Through strong technical skills and product knowledge the Support team works to resolve cases raised by effective troubleshooting, research and testing or for more complex issues work directly with back-line and development teams.
This position provides many opportunities for skills development and career growth, which Ivanti is committed to nurturing. It is a fantastic role to develop expertise in the range of Ivanti solutions, services & customers and the multiple technologies we interact with. Ivanti recognizes our valuable employees through career growth and progression.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To provide support for Ivanti products to customers, partners and internal staff through troubleshooting and diagnosis
- Make use of phone and remote access tools appropriately
- Maintain team goals and objectives
- Work as part of a team to progress customer cases
- Ensure customer communication is timely, maintained and appropriate
- To participate in and promote the creation and consumption of knowledge
- Follow support processes
- Continually build and maintain your own technical expertise to support customers and self-develop
- Participate in focus activities as required – such as backlog reduction
- Participate in an on call rota to cover out of hours support
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in IT with an emphasis on customer support
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident user of Microsoft Windows and common applications (Word, Excel etc)
- Understanding of Database and Server Technologies
- Understanding of internet and network technologies
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Self-motivated to develop technically
- Ability to cope and work under pressure
- Able to adapt quickly to change
- Flexible and open approach
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a team but at the same time able to work independently
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP, MCSA, MCSE or MCDBA)
- CompTIA A+
- Citrix CCA/CCAA
- Appsense Certified Professional
- Cisco network associate certification (CCNA)
- Some exposure to Mac or Linux
- Exposure to Microsoft Windows internals (registry, drivers, config, group policies etc)
- SQL, IIS or Citrix experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server and client OS administration
- Technical blogging, knowledge article creation, forum contribution or web site creation
- Must be fluent in English, additional languages could be beneficial including Dutch, French and German
External Recruiting Agencies/Vendors: ivanti does not currently engage with external recruiting agencies and will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external agency. Unsolicited resumes submitted by agencies to ivanti will become the property of ivanti and may be contacted and engaged with directly. ivanti maintains a preferred vendor list and only engages with these agencies from time to time. ivanti has not agreed to pay placement or any other fee to companies who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search.
Source : LANDesk Software