Avco Systems Ltd. is a modern, growing Software Development business based in Slough, UK. We work with some of the largest businesses in the UK, Europe and America to help them develop, support, maintain and host their large software projects. We have a sharp focus on client-satisfaction, rapid feedback and ongoing improvement, and are looking to grow our team with forward-thinking, hardworking people that will help continue to drive the business forward.
We are seeking a driven individual to fill a pivotal role within our team. If you're passionate about delivering the best customer service and enjoy the challenges of working in a dynamic role then you could be just who we're looking for.
You'll work closely with a great team of fun, but focused, like-minded Software Developers and IT Ops colleagues. Get to grow your skills and experiment with new tools, techniques and technologies on a wide variety of projects. You'll be a key member of our team at the forefront of our technical support lines.
- Provide 1st line support to technical customer queries via phone, email and face to face contact.
- Monitor, investigate and resolve issues where possible.
- Prioritise and allocate incidents and tasks subject to client SLA's.
- Ensure all incidents are recorded in the appropriate management systems.
- Provide clear updates on progress to both the business and our clients.
- Assist internal users with desktop support.
- Create and enhance support documentation where necessary.
- Work with the infrastructure and development teams to make systems improvements and deploy applications and services.
- Automate the operation of common tasks and requests.
- Assist to write and execute functional test plans from client requirements.
- Provide support for a growing number of applications both in our data centres and remotely at client locations.
- Work with other areas of the business to support client requirements.
- Help build the team to further support the business.
- Investigate new ways of working and suggest ideas for growing the company and improving customer service.
- Highly organised and focused.
- Hold an interest in Computing and changes in the IT industry.
- Determination to provide fast, high quality support services.
- Committed attitude towards a first-class customer service
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- A technical understanding of PC's and common operations.
- Knowledge of Windows 7, 8 and 10 Operating Systems.
Desired Qualifications: 5 GCSE's A*-C including Maths and English
- We are always looking for the right person to join our fast-growing team of knowledgeable, friendly and forward-thinking individuals, and there are plenty of reasons why you should consider joining us:
- Excellent job security - we've been growing for 30 years and have maintained a consistent financial growth year-on-year.
- Room to grow - all voices are heard, and anyone can expand beyond their job role.
- Stay in shape for free - with our onsite gym, or tennis/basketball courts right outside.
- Good location - ample parking and walking distance to the well-connected Slough train station.
- Games room - unwind with a game of pool, table tennis, board games, Xbox and more.
- Latest technology - take the opportunity to stay at the forefront of the IT industry and experiment with new technologies.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:30, 37.5 hours per week
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.