A leading Managed IT Services Provider has an exciting opportunity for an experienced 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer to join their busy command and control centre based in Newcastle City Centre.
Normal working hours are 9:00-17:30. They will occasionally require work outside these hours to support business needs. On-call work will be required (one week in every three usually).
About the role:
Working in a fast-paced environment, your role will include:
- Providing 2nd line technical support over the phone and via email to a variety of customers and contracts
- Assisting L1 during quiet times which could include managing the logistics of engineers, spare parts and scope of deliverables to provide customers with a quality hardware maintenance service not just in the UK but globally.
- Proactively ensuring that all clients receive exceptional customer service during all contact with the command and control centre.
- Working on your own and as part of a team to service incidents through to completion, recognising when escalation is required for the quickest resolution for the client
- Providing clients with continual and regular updates throughout the management of their incidents
- 2+ years of experience working within a NOC / Service Desk
- Managing and supporting network infrastructures
- Use and configuration of Cisco / Juniper / Fortinet / PaloAlto devices including troubleshooting
- CCNA Security + CCNA Routing and Switching
- Juniper JNCIA-Junos
- Use and configuration of monitoring technology and best practice (Including SolarWinds, PRTG)
- Working with ITIL methodology
Sounds interesting? Click the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including; 2nd Line Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, Technician, 1st Line, Helpdesk Engineer, Service Desk Engineer, may also be considered for this role.
£22,000.00 - £25,000.00 per year